• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GApps Clarification

Soley

Lurker
Feb 7, 2010
I need some help settling this. I know Android comes from Google, and I am a GApps user through and through, but I need to know just how integrated the two are.
I use Gmail, Cal, Wave, Docs, Reader, and I'm starting to use Voice more. Are there specific apps for any of these in the Market, or are there apps that sync with [some of] them?

My other question would be regarding non-phone tablets, such as the Archos 5. Do I have access to the full Android Market with them? Could I install GVoice or Skype and use it over WiFi? Can I have a calendar function to carry around all day, use offline, then let it sync when I get back to WiFi?

These are pretty huge factors for what I buy and when.

Thanks.

I need some help settling this. I know Android comes from Google, and I am a GApps user through and through, but I need to know just how integrated the two are.
I use Gmail, Cal, Wave, Docs, Reader, and I'm starting to use Voice more. Are there specific apps for any of these in the Market, or are there apps that sync...

Google includes Gmail & calendar native apps, and also makes a free voice app (market). After that, there are 3rd-party apps for Docs & Reader, but you'll need to decide who you trust to give your G-password to, since the app market is self-regulated. As far as I know, there is no Wave app yet. Baby steps so far.

I don't know anything about the tablet, so I'll leave that for more informed posters.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones