• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gapps crash at boot/reboot

bg4m3r

Android Expert
Nov 1, 2013
I've been getting intermittent gapps crashes at boot. Did some research on it, worried that it was something I had done causing it. I've discovered that, in my case, it was Google Keyboard causing the problem. According to others, Swiftkey is also an issue, and possibly other keyboards. Textra was also mentioned, but I have it and am not getting the crash as long as Google Keyboard off. The finger of blame seems to be pointing at LG rather than the keyboards themselves though. Since I reboot infrequently, I may just tolerate it since good keyboards are hard to find. Maybe it's because it's a non system keyboard? I may test that theory. Anyway, just wanted to share this discovery.

Update: Making Google Keyboard a system app did no good. Now using Kii Keyboard with no problems.

useqamu7.jpg

Yup

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones