1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Garminphone Widget Force Close

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kitten1, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Kitten1

Kitten1 New Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Hi -

I have a garminphone from T-Mobile. I have to hold the home button to access the 5 screen widget panel - but mine stopped working. When I hold "home", I get the following: "The application Widgets (process com.garmin.android.apps.widgets) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Can anyone help?

Advertisement

2. rleal2010

rleal2010 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Texas
    Wow, its funny that your the only one on here with a garminfone. I thought this phone would be more popular.

Well this is MY advice. Restart the phone. If that doesnt work then do a master reset.

the code is usually 1234, i think.

Well good luck. If that doesn't work then call tmobile.

3. ATSalty

ATSalty New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Wish I could help...I don't have that problem with my fone. My widget app works as it should.

4. CoolDude

CoolDude New Member

Aug 2, 2010
    What type of fone do you have?
    I got an A10 and there was a new software update thhat Garmin relesed for a few days ago.
    Have you tried that one? (If you have an A10)

5. nilihanth

nilihanth Active Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Kansas City
    It's probably the A50 since it's the newest Garmin phone in North America (and only through T-Mobile)

I bet, for whatever reason, people who purchase teh Garminfone are more likely to go to the T-mobile forums for the phone than anywhere else. Just my guess.

6. Desertraptor

Desertraptor New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    A10 owner here. So far so good. Had to restart a few times while in GPS mode but I think they all get mixed up sometimes.

7. cyfan2000

cyfan2000 New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    I just got this phone and when I push the Widgets icon it says the same error you have: "Sorry! The application Widgets (process com.garmin.android.apps.widgets) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

The biggest problem is it brings up this same dialogue box 5-??? times in a row. I've killed it 20 times before I pulled the battery to reboot. Sometimes it will go away after a few "Force close" pushes. This was a problem straight out of the box! Geez.

8. Polaris75

Polaris75 New Member

Sep 22, 2010
    I have one of these also and I am surprised that it is not as popular either. I also have the problem with the device locking up and not able to function.

Tags: