1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gave up the Iphone4 for a Bionic!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikefla, Dec 30, 2011.

1. mikefla

mikefla Member

Well I traded my Iphone 4 for a two week old Bionic today, and man this is a fast phone! So far I love it! Only thing i see is you can really kill a battery fast with it but I've had Droids before and this was expected.. I do have one question I read today where they say Task killers can actually hurt phones with the registery on the phone? Im sure this is a big debate but what do most of you think should I use one or not? Like one guy said think about how many Droid phones are out there if the HTC and Motorola thought they needed a app kiler wouldnt the phone come with one by now?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Task killers are a bad idea.

If you want to prevent tasks from running the recommended approach is to use Titanium Backup Pro on a root-ed Bionic and "freeze" them. See ... Bionic - All Things Root - Android Forums ... for more information.

(BTW ... you didn't "give up the iPhone4" you "graduated".)

... Thom

3. seals97

seals97 Lurker

For battery life issues getting the extended battery can fix that. I use mine constantly and at the end of the day I normally have 35-45% remaining. The built in task manager is also pretty good. I have pretty much everything set to auto-end.

4. dave1812

dave1812 Android Enthusiast

Just get the extended battery, rather than worrying about killing tasks.

5. guttyla

guttyla Well-Known Member

The extended battery is great. I also try to close out of all apps when moving on to next app by backing out of them...this also really seemed to help battery life. I'm usually good for 12+ hours (more if not in 4g area)

6. mikefla

mikefla Member

I think im going to go out and get the battery today... My wife has a extended battery for her thunderbolt that she doesnt like would that battery work in my bionic, if i can find a battery cover?

7. xmr405o likes this.
  8. Mikefla31

Mikefla31 Lurker

Bought the extended battery Saturday , much better!! Thing I liked the most didn't really add much size to phone... now if I could just find some better cases then the only one Verizon sold..

9. lewwill

lewwill Well-Known Member

Most likely not (positively):). Get the Motorola extended battery. It is worth the extra as some of the aftermarket batteries cause problems and do not report levels properly. The shell/holster case from Verizon for the bionic extended battery works well.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews