• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GB][2.11.605.0][Sense3.0]BAMF Forever 1.0.1

digdug1

Android Expert
Apr 27, 2010
here's one for the sense guys from team bamf. i will probably try it as well for grins and giggles. i suggest you read all the instructions before installing. if you have ran uber bamf you must delete the bamf extras folder on the sd card!!:)
this has a new version of sense 3.0. i think they are working on sense 3.5 for a possible future release.

here ya go:

[GB][2.11.605.0][Sense3.0]BAMF Forever 1.0.1 (Holy Crap, Not a Preview!)!)

Reactions: ttran97
here's one for the sense guys from team bamf. i will probably try it as well for grins and giggles. i suggest you read all the instructions before installing. if you have ran uber bamf you must delete the bamf extras folder on the sd card!!:)
this has a new version of sense 3.0. i think they are working on sense 3.5 for a possible future release.

here ya go:

[GB][2.11.605.0][Sense3.0]BAMF Forever 1.0.1 (Holy Crap, Not a Preview!)!)

Just got some free time to play around, saw this, and I am downloading right now :) I also was talking to Ziggy earlier and in about 5 minutes now, a new build of Synergy is going to released...i have 2 new toys to download!!!

Upvote 0
UPDATE: Running this ROM for a few hours, I set everything up, restored via TiBu..ran thru the setup wizard, and so far so good! This thing is extremely smooth and I won't be able to report on battery life until tomorrow. It comes with the stock HTC Kernel, so I am sure at least a minimal improvement with battery life would be made if Imos latest is paired up with this rom as well.

Anyone know how to see battery stats on this ROM? I can't seem to find it under any Settings menu. I'm probably skimming right over it :p

Upvote 0
I still love this ROM, mostly because it is super smooth and responsive, and because the things I need for it to be my daily driver are all fully working..(HTC Hub, Exchange Accounts working properly, etc.) I unplugged at 8am at 100% (no calibration though) and I listened to music for my 15 min walk to class, I talked to my girlfriend for about 6 minutes on the phone, sent a couple of texts, and checked Facebook briefly. Other than that I occasionally looked at it, and then listened to another 5 minutes or so of music while walking to another class. by 3:45p. It died. I am not giving up on this ROM because it works so great. It is definitely my most favorite Sense ROM I have tried as well. I am charging up now, and will be flashing Imo's latest (3.6.0) to see how much of an improvement (if any) i can get with a different kernel. I am also not overclocked at all, min 245mhz max, 1046mhz.

Upvote 0
I still love this ROM, mostly because it is super smooth and responsive, and because the things I need for it to be my daily driver are all fully working..(HTC Hub, Exchange Accounts working properly, etc.) I unplugged at 8am at 100% (no calibration though) and I listened to music for my 15 min walk to class, I talked to my girlfriend for about 6 minutes on the phone, sent a couple of texts, and checked Facebook briefly. Other than that I occasionally looked at it, and then listened to another 5 minutes or so of music while walking to another class. by 3:45p. It died. I am not giving up on this ROM because it works so great. It is definitely my most favorite Sense ROM I have tried as well. I am charging up now, and will be flashing Imo's latest (3.6.0) to see how much of an improvement (if any) i can get with a different kernel. I am also not overclocked at all, min 245mhz max, 1046mhz.

I thought imo's 3.6.0 kernel is an AOSP kernel and not a gingerbread sense kernel

Upvote 0
I thought imo's 3.6.0 kernel is an AOSP kernel and not a gingerbread sense kernel

Yeah his newest GB kernel is 3.6.0 as well as his newest AOSP. I used his 3.5.0 GB kernel while I was running UberBAMF and I got pretty decent battery life. I was at least able to get through my class/work day before it needed to be charged. I am going to flash his newest tonight and I will report on its battery performance in a few days.

Reactions: shaddyyy
Upvote 0
Yeah his newest GB kernel is 3.6.0 as well as his newest AOSP. I used his 3.5.0 GB kernel while I was running UberBAMF and I got pretty decent battery life. I was at least able to get through my class/work day before it needed to be charged. I am going to flash his newest tonight and I will report on its battery performance in a few days.

He has a 3.7.0 test for sense.

Reactions: shaddyyy
Upvote 0
It would be interesting if they get sense 3.5 working, but still prolly not interesting enough to pull me away from AOSP

Is this what Sense 3.5 is supposed to be?

I had read in another thread on the TeamBamf forums that Adrynalyne had mentioned possibly cooking some goodies from 3.5 into some other roms. Yet for whatever reason I can't find that thread. This one is good enough though and explains the current status...

Upvote 0
Is this what Sense 3.5 is supposed to be?

I had read in another thread on the TeamBamf forums that Adrynalyne had mentioned possibly cooking some goodies from 3.5 into some other roms. Yet for whatever reason I can't find that thread. This one is good enough though and explains the current status...

There is also speculation that the main drive behind 3.5 was to make sense work better on lower spec phones...strengthened by the first release being on the Bliss which is no where near cutting edge. I think it is actually a good thing--the lower spec phones strengthen the whole Android ecosystem with volume.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones