1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GB 602 hangs often

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bhavlo, Sep 12, 2011.

1. bhavlo

bhavlo Member

I am running a Droid X with Gingerbread 602 rooted on Verizon unlimited data plan. I am getting frustrated with what seems to be my data connection being inconsistently losing connection. It happens often when I need to get on my browser and it won't find a site. It sits there and tries to load but nothing come up or the browser will finally give me a web page not found message. It is very weird and it always happens when I need it badly, of course. I have tried several things like closing the browser and trying again but the only real fix is to shut down and restart. I thought I had read the GB 602 was supposed to fix a bug that sounded like this but it hasn't.

I am wondering if anyone else is having this same problem or if there is a way to fix it?

2. DenverCZBob

DenverCZBob Member

My radio connections do seem more stable since I got to 602.
    I SBF'd back to 596, did a couple of data and cache wipes then took the over the air 602 update and then the one click root.
    Maybe try a data and cach wipe?

-bob

3. bhavlo

bhavlo Member

How do I do that and what will that accomplish. Can you explain?

4. bhavlo

bhavlo Member

I went in to clock work recovery and wiped cache and Dalvik cache this morning. It has been about 4 hours now and my battery is already down to 44% without much use. When I go into Settings / Battery 7 data manager / Battery usage my biggest user is Phone idle at 25%. I am used to my Display being the major user so this is really weird.

Does anybody have an idea why Phone idle is burning so much battery?

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews