1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GB and the Amazon Appstore

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lenagainster, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Lenagainster

Lenagainster Newbie

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I recall reading that apps obtained from the Amazon Appstore will not work if one is no longer signed in to their Amazon account. I realized the implications when I installed Gingerbread and was asked to sign in to my Amazon account, which I postponed, and then found that some of my apps would not work.
    I've never purchased an app from Amazon, but I check the site daily to see if there are any "free app of the day" apps worthy of downloading. I'm not a gamer, and I only look for functional, communications and utilitarian related apps.
    Probably half of the apps that I downloaded from Amazon I eventually uninstalled. So I took inventory of all of my apps, and a hard look at all the ones I had gotten for free from Amazon. With the new Gingerbread OS in mind, I felt that there is not one Amazon app that I need/want/use enough to allow Amazon to keep their hooks into my phone. I uninstalled ALL my Amazon apps and the Amazon Appstore.
    Between Gingerbread and deleting Amazon Freeware, maybe some of the idiosyncracies of my Droid 2 will disappear as well.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Motorola Droid 2 Forum

The Motorola Droid 2 release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews