• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GB Bug Fix Getting Closer...

These updates aren't usually available all at the same time for everybody. When they say they are rolling it out starting at 11:59PM, it means that some of the DXs will get the update message right away, others in the coming days. To prevent Verizon's servers from being overloaded, they usually do it a few at a time. We don't know what number represents "a few".

I'm in Cali and the update is installing now. Once it is done I will do a factory reset as well, just so it is clean :D

Upvote 0
patch announced itself when i picked up the phone this morning here in central NC.

just finished install / reboot. reboot hung on the red eye *way* longer than usual...i was just feeling the first bead of sweat!

system 4.5.602, baseband 01.09.13p.

no time to explore it yet, but it feels snappier...maybe just do to the reboot?

in any case...go get it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Doubtful there will ever been another update for the DX.

I'm not so sure about that, Lex...

The HTC Droid Eris received a quite unexpected OTA update (just some patches) in just March of this year... The things fixed were relatively minor, with one notable exception, but still, this update occurred quite out of the blue (many were very skeptical that it was actually happening at all) and long after the phone was first released (early November, 2009).

So, while it probably is doubtful like you said, there is always that possibility (and certainly for a phone that is of a much higher profile than the Eris).

I will also follow the link you provided and put in my two-cents re. the camera issue to help you guys.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones