1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root GB Facebook contact sync?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Myco, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Myco

Myco Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    So far I have been unable to sync Facebook to my contact list on 3 versions of GB, CM7 and LG1.65 and 1.7. When I try to add the Fbook to sync it doesn't populate under the Google account sync on/off area it normally does. Anyone else having this problem? I've tried installing different versions of fbook with the same results.

Advertisement

2. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert
    None

May 19, 2010
    Store Manager
    Pinetop, AZ
    It almost sounds like you're not doing a 'clean' install of these roms, i.e. with a wipe of data/cache. You could also try removing the account in menu -> settings -> accounts and sync then go to menu -> settings -> applications -> manage applications and click the 'all' tab at the top, scroll down to the facebook app and clear its data/cache and force close it. Reboot your phone and try again via just opening the Facebook app instead of the accounts and sync area of the phone.

Also, double check your version(s). 1.5.3 is full of bugs. Either have to use 1.5.2 (I have it in my files link) or 1.5.4.

good luck

jguffey2841 likes this.
  3. Toffey1984

Toffey1984 Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    Im not sure if this is the same problem you're having, but most of my contacts are synced to facebook. But everytime I add a new contact, the new ones done sync. I cant figure out how to get the new ones to sync.

4. KidFlash

KidFlash Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Go to your contacts, then select the contact you want to synch to Facebook. On their contact screen (where it says Call Mobile, etc...) press menu then press edit contact. Once again press menu and then join. Then select the contact you want to synch it to. It doesn't always work for some reason, but it's pretty reliable most of the time.

5. Myco

Myco Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    Still not sure why this one isn't working. I have been doing the 3x wipe pre-flash so I don't think that's it. It also wasn't a resetting of the account in the menu as I tried that. I've even tried 1.54 and 1.52 as both were on TiBu. It's no big deal (both with a data erase), just weird and literally the only real glitch I've had on all 3 versions of GB.

6. Jerm13

Jerm13 Member
    None

Nov 16, 2009
    I have has this problem.
    What worked for me was this:
    Uninstall Facebook completely.
    Reboot phone.
    Freshly install Facebook from the market.
    Check Accounts & Sync settings, add Facebook if it's not there, but it usually is.

Good luck.

7. cobbguy

cobbguy Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    This solution worked for me. I believe it was a problem with the FB app itself. After uninstalling and reinstalling it worked like a charm.