• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GB kies update available (gingerbread)

gingerheart

Lurker
Aug 31, 2011
Hi , got my phone from p4u on an 02 contract , phone was listed on kies as (xeu) which after some research meant an unbranded phone , logged onto kies this morning after reading that the GB update was available and yes it is , i,m now running S5830XWKP6 gingerbread ver. 2.3.3.

Must say very impressed so far , no screen lag what-so-ever , very smooth indeed , wi-fi seems ok , txt out and in is fine.

Have fun with your update :)

carphone warehouse have theyre own rom?
Indeed they do, surprised me as I expected my handset to be a generic one but Kies lists it as CPW. Having said that apart from the CSC code being shown as CPW it appears to be stock (who knows what, if anything they changed behind the scenes) and the firmware update turned up at exactly the same time as the generic XEU one.

Upvote 0
Indeed they do, surprised me as I expected my handset to be a generic one but Kies lists it as CPW. Having said that apart from the CSC code being shown as CPW it appears to be stock (who knows what, if anything they changed behind the scenes) and the firmware update turned up at exactly the same time as the generic XEU one.

lol i saw this before didnt think anything of it at the end of my firmeware in kies it says (h3g) hutchinson 3g lmao never clocked that one before lol so you can check kies to see where somone bought theyre ace :D:D:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Ginger Bread (2.3.4) update for Ace is available in INDIA using Kies, enjoy!!!!![/QUOTE
hi, is this update available to ACE bought in singapore, though i am in india:.because i could update only to 2.3.3.any help is welcome and thank you; through kies. my phone is unrooted.

Can't say about phone bought form singapore...but try checking with Kies for latest updates

Upvote 0
Gingerbread was supposed to improve upon the Ace, but even with 2.3.4, there are problems. Phone feels slower, transitions, unlock etc, but that's not a big problem. The biggest one is that wifi is just not working! I've read a lot of people with the same problem but no one seems to know how to solve this! Updated the phone today and already regretting it :( even the higher res video recorder isn't making up for lack of wifi :(

Upvote 0
Is anyone else finding there phone a bit laggy after the update?? On the unlock screen and generally aswell??

Gingerbread was supposed to improve upon the Ace, but even with 2.3.4, there are problems. Phone feels slower, transitions, unlock etc, but that's not a big problem. The biggest one is that wifi is just not working! I've read a lot of people with the same problem but no one seems to know how to solve this! Updated the phone today and already regretting it :( even the higher res video recorder isn't making up for lack of wifi :(

I completely agree with you both...I regret installing 2.3.4 DDKQ5. My phone was so smooth while using froyo 2.2.1.What I noticed :

1.Phone lags like hell while using live wallpapers.
2.Unlock screen lag
3.App drawer lags...it was very smooth in froyo
4.Pop menu animations lags.
5.Scrolling in pop menu also lags

It feels as is 800mhz processor has turned in to 400Mhz after update :p

Upvote 0
Same here. Regretting having upgraded to 2.3.4. I have lost the ability to receive incoming calls after the upgrade and Samsung support seems to be completely clueless on the subject. Has anyone else faced this problem. Would appreciate a solution if available. I have already done a factory reset and clear cache partition a couple of times. What is weird is that I can receive the call if I leave the music player running. However, after ending the call all sounds on the phone get turned off and the only solution seems to be rebooting the phone.

Is there a way to go back to the stock Froyo install from here ?

Thanks much.
vishwa

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones