• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GB OTA has started if you are rooted stock please read this

Alright, I did. Now looking at it, how do I restore? Must I click each app 1 at a time?

Ugh and all the stock apps are back! I'll have to comb through and delete blockbuster/rockband/and all the other bloatware again :(

You can do a batch restore if you pay for the TB key, otherwise I think you can do batch and you have to press install, close each time.

Yeah they come back on stock roms, running a custom rom resolves that

Upvote 0
I got out of class today to the Andriod ! symbol got home, wiped cache and dalvik cache so at least now I can use my phone.

To receive the OTA on a rooted Tbolt with custom ROM (Thunderom 1.0) what steps do I take exactly? I haven't flashed anything in awhile. Do I need to flash the ROM OP posted download the OTA update then re-flash my old ROM.

Does anyone have any ROM suggestions if I do have to flash my ROM again I might just try a new one. Because currently I've been having small contact issues with this ROM and sync issues.

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
If you are on a custom rom the you shouldn't get the update prompted, if you do then you can flash the rom I linked in the OP but if you go back to whatever rom you are on currently you will still get harassed for the update. If the dev hasn't set up something to prevent the update then I would just switch roms to something else.

Reactions: kzisme
Upvote 0
If you are on a custom rom the you shouldn't get the update prompted, if you do then you can flash the rom I linked in the OP but if you go back to whatever rom you are on currently you will still get harassed for the update. If the dev hasn't set up something to prevent the update then I would just switch roms to something else.

I don't think my current custom rom is blocking it it's still trying to run it. Do you have any suggestions for a decent rom? I hate trying so many :p

Upvote 0
They are all in active development. McLabia is the support guy for Synergy and posted about it yesterday here on AF, Bajanow is a donator to liquid and beta tested the gingersense release less than 2 weeks ago, and team bamf is always developing. I spend way too much time here and on other android sites ;)

Upvote 0
They are all in active development. McLabia is the support guy for Synergy and posted about it yesterday here on AF, Bajanow is a donator to liquid and beta tested the gingersense release less than 2 weeks ago, and team bamf is always developing. I spend way too much time here and on other android sites ;)

Well I definitely like the informed replies :)
I'm looking at the Thunderbolt ROM list currently , but should I get a BAMF one or what haha. I hate choosing :p

Oh and do you know if this OTA fixed the GPS problems?

Upvote 0
I haven't run any of the roms I suggested because I don't play with Sense so I can't tell you which is better IMO.

It was supposed to fix the GPS issues but I have seen mixed reports in the general TB section seems like for some people it did and for others it didn't or made the GPS worse :eek:

Upvote 0
I haven't run any of the roms I suggested because I don't play with Sense so I can't tell you which is better IMO.

It was supposed to fix the GPS issues but I have seen mixed reports in the general TB section seems like for some people it did and for others it didn't or made the GPS worse :eek:

Oh :p thanks for the input either way.

Yeah I hate that...getting ready to go somewhere and you have to wait 10-15 minutes for it to load.

Upvote 0
Oh :p thanks for the input either way.

Yeah I hate that...getting ready to go somewhere and you have to wait 10-15 minutes for it to load.

Yeah I hear that

I hope this is the right place for this post. I'm thinking about going back to TB from the Charge (rooted). Should I accept the OTA, then root with Revoluntionary? Right now, it's completely stock as I've been tying to sell it with no takers, so I just may go back and forth..

Yes it would be easier than doing it any other way, just accept the OTA then revolutionary

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones