1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root GB Sense 3.0 + Exchange ActiveSync = Not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by desire67, May 21, 2011.

1. desire67

desire67 Newbie
    None

Aug 2, 2010
    Norway
    I have now found a well functioning ROM, InsertCoins. The only thing that is not ok, is that I can't set up my Exchange account with ActiveSync in sense from 2.1 - 3.0. Have tried several ROMS and have found that there must be something with the security policy in the sense 2.1-3.0 that is different. LeeDroids ROMs work "normally", but they do not have the user interface I want.
    Got a tip about using TouchDown with ActivSync. It works, but then I'm stuck with touchdowns calendar, which I do not like anything special.
    I'm surprised that I don't see many that have the same problem as me, so I wonder if there's something about the policy in my company who do this, or there are few that uses exchange account on their htc rooted desire .....

Advertisement

2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Android Expert
    None

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    most people who root the device dont use the device for corporate secure email. rooting kinda defeats the object of device policies lol

3. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Android Expert
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    Button Moon

You will also find the sense 3.0 - 2.1 mixes are still a bit buggy, its down to the sense 3.0.
    i use the insertcoin rom nightly builds, found them to be relativly stable.
    As you need to use exchange you will be better off using the froyo roms with sense 2.0 or 2.1.

Tags: