• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GB update information

hey guys, I emailed lg canada yesterday and asked about the updates for the optimus 2x. this was their reply:

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics

Hello.
Unfortunately at this time we do not have information on upcoming updates. Should an update become available you will be notified that is it available for installation.
Thanks
Dave H.
LG Customer Service
LG Canada

no info really. but thought you all would like to know how undure they are at LG

Upvote 0
hey guys, I emailed lg canada yesterday and asked about the updates for the optimus 2x. this was their reply:

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics

Hello.
Unfortunately at this time we do not have information on upcoming updates. Should an update become available you will be notified that is it available for installation.
Thanks
Dave H.
LG Customer Service
LG Canada

no info really. but thought you all would like to know how undure they are at LG
yep! tmobile has it now but not wind yet! I have the 2x too. Wind said they will let me know when they are getting it I have heard diffrent rumors about it was supose to be in sept but still I have nothing!:mad:

Upvote 0
When I downloaded cyangen it installed 2.3.4. :( what's better about 2.3.5
Well, CM7 based on 2.3.4 is a bit old now, the 2.3.5 versions have more features.
yep! tmobile has it now but not wind yet! I have the 2x too. Wind said they will let me know when they are getting it I have heard diffrent rumors abotu it was supose to be in sept but still I have nothing!:mad:
Install the G2X version then, the WIND O2X is a P999 rather than a P990.

Upvote 0
Oh well, cm7 is gingerbread + not LG's (let's be honest) rubbish version of android. I suggest everyone looks into it if they are brave :) It's very fast, but bluetooth audio doesn't work (only thing as far as I'm aware).

I understand some do not want to take the risks associated with custom roms, but with LG's seemingly broken software updater, will anyone ever get gingerbread if it's impossible to even update? Even then the updater could brick your phone and force you to send it in.. probably more risk involved than a custom rom! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones