• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GBA Emulator Help

Just wondering, is there ANY GBA emulator that WORKS on an android? Cuz I've gone through them all. Gameboid, Tiger, some other crap. NONE of them play ANYTHING. They ALL force close when i start up a game. WTF?!?!?!?! Is it me? Cuz I've done everything they've said I should do. Take Tiger for example. It says to do the /sdcard/roms/gba thing and I did. Nothing. Download Emulator Roms (App), so I scoured the internet till I found it, installed it, tried it. NOTHING. Am I doing something wrong here? I'm not tech-tarded or anything, but I'm no hacker either. It's just sooo damn frustrating. Can ANYONE help? :thinking:

Yes. It installed itself as a .Zip, so I tried running that, nothing, I unzipped it, replaced it, tried again, nothing. I Put them BOTH back, zipped and extracted, ran a rom, NOTHING. I just don't get it. And Gameboid force closes any time I try and load a game.

And you are downloading the app via market?
Oh. Check your pm box.

Upvote 0
No because neither are avaliable on the market. I'm downloading from PC and moving onto SD and installing from there. Does that make a difference?

Yeah. You are not downloading them via android market.
You can't just download an Apk off a random site and expect it to work.
Gameboid shows up on my market just fine.
Also try data/app not system/app

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones