1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Gboard issue

Discussion in 'Google' started by SabrinaH, Oct 23, 2019.

1. SabrinaH

SabrinaH Lurker
    None

Oct 23, 2019
    I have always used Gboard. I recently upgraded to the note 10 and now Gboard is constantly inputting the last word I type into a new field when filling out information. For instance, if I'm shopping online and I'm filling out the payment or shipping page. I type my first name and when I move into the next field to type my last name, my first name is copied over. And then when I move into the address (after deleting the first name from the last name field and correctly young my last name) it copies my last name into the 1st line of the address field. This is rather annoying. I was filling out a job application earlier and it did those over and over. I can't find anything in the settings that would turn this off. It's not predicting the word. Any suggestions would be appreciated! I don't want to have to switch back to Samsung keyboard.

Advertisement

2. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Choose compassion over cruelty
    VIP Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Formerly Linux sysadmin/programmer
    $HOME/LosAngeles
    Welcome to Android Forums, SabrinaH! :)

I've never encountered, or even heard of, the problem you're having, but I imagine that it's incredibly annoying.

Let's check a few things, okay? For each, just skip it if you've already done it; if a step solves the problem, no need to keep reading!

- in System Settings, find Gboard (under Apps or Applications or similar) and clear its cache, then 'force stop'

- if that didn't work, repeat but this time clear its cache and data, then 'force stop'

- reboot the phone

- try a different keyboard; I use Hacker's keyboard, but any will do--it's just to confirm whether the problem is in Gboard

- try a different browser

Anything? Let us know!

3. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Jan 30, 2013
    Male
    Paris <--> Taipei
    It's weird, never happened to me.

Was it rather a S10 thing?

4. MoodyBlues

VIP Member

Jan 27, 2011
    $HOME/LosAngeles
    Not that I'm aware of--I'm sure we'd have had tons of posts about it, but this is the first I've ever heard of this problem.

lvt likes this.
  5. SabrinaH

SabrinaH Lurker
    None

Oct 23, 2019
    Thanks, I tried force stopping, clearing cache. I also uninstalled and reinstalled :( It doesn't happen with the Samsung keyboard. I'm at a loss. I will try the hackers keyboard. Hopefully, I can find another keyboard I like.

6. MoodyBlues

VIP Member

Jan 27, 2011
    $HOME/LosAngeles
    Did you try Gboard in a different browser, SabrinaH? Which browser do you normally use?