• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gboard shadow keeps rendering when keyboard is hidden

Przemo_c

Lurker
Oct 30, 2022
When i have gboard set to floating and i have physical keyboard attached the bottom shadow of the keyboard is still being rendered even when on screen keyboard is hidden.

Is threre a way to fix that or a version of the keyboard that doesn't do that?

Attachments

• screen-20221030-123832.mp4
    6.4 MB · Views: 70
I did all that prior to making this post as those are the very basic things to do.
Yes, but you didn't mention just what you did or did not do prior to posting your question. We can't read minds nor virtually detect if anyone has or hasn't taken any steps before making a post here. Everyone has a different skill level so whether any posts being made here will always require some guessing and interpretation.
But getting back to your initial query, have you tried a different keyboard app instead of Gboard? The Microsoft's Swiftkey app is very popular and feature rich, or a nice option not tied to corporate oversight is Simple Mobile Tools 'Simple Keyboard' app.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones