1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gear Fit in H2O?

Discussion in 'Wear Os' started by excav8ter, Aug 16, 2015.

1. excav8ter

excav8ter Android Enthusiast

Hey fellow Android users. I bought the Samsung Gear Fit last Sunday and am really enjoying it so far. I noticed that it's "dust and water resistant". I have warn it in the shower several time with zero issues. I also have a really nice Citizen "Dive watch" that is "water resistant" too.... i have warn the Citizen watch in water with zero concern over itsability to still function properly.
    Has anyone else used their Gear Fit in water on a regular basis? I am thinking about wearing it while stand up paddle boarding to track my "fitness". I only paid $100 for it so if i wreck it, i am not really worried.

Thanks

2. excav8ter

excav8ter Android Enthusiast

I have had mine in the water a few times too, with no issues. I do worry about the band coming loose, because i have had it happen several times where it falls off my wrist.
    I haven't heard of the Modular Watch you mentioned. Do you have a link to any info?

3. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

According to Samsungs site:
    *Water-resistant and dustproof based on IP67 Rating, which tests submersion up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes. Not shockproof. Covers must be tightly closed.

IP67 is the same rating my Gear 2 NEO has, I regularly get it wet either in the shower or by sticking my arm in water (sometimes salt water, which I rinse off as soon as I can).
    However, note the red words above. The NEO doesn't have any covers to close, so I suspect that bit of warning is specific to the FIT. Whatever covers it has, make sure they are closed.