1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gear S2 3g or Moto 360 Sport?

Discussion in 'Wear Os' started by Clerkp, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Clerkp

Clerkp Lurker

Anyone have experience with both these devices? Reviews on the Gear seem to be better. My primary use will be running unpaired with my phone. I may or may not wear the watch every day. My attraction to these devices is GPS plus Music.

The 360 allegedly has terrible Bluetooth connectivity which concerns me.

I can get the S2 for $99 from ATT plus a 2 year contract (total price $340 over 2 years) or the 360 for $299 plus a $50 best buy gift card.

Any thoughts? Leaning to the S2 as being the better device. One more question: If I drop the data plan from the S2, will the GPS still work as a standalone?

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

i have a moto 360 gen 1 no bluetooth problems here, however, the moto needs a phone paired for data.
    the s2 will probably have gps by wifi only if you drop contract.
    i say go for the s2 3g cant beat calls on your wrist while your driving. only bad thing about watches is the software has caught up yet like i keep emailing chase to tell em to update there app so i can check my bank account balance and transactions on my watch.

#2 Deleted User, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2016
    electricpete likes this.
  3. Clerkp

Clerkp Lurker

Thanks. I ended up going with the 360 Sport. The S2 in 3g was not much of a looker (the 360 isn't either) but in the end, ATT wouldn't budge on the $45 upgrade fee and for the amount of time I would actually use the 3G, it wasn't worth it and I wasn't thrilled about another monthly fee from ATT.

Pleased to report that the 360 Sport works as advertised. GPS was super fast to lock compared to the SW3 it's replacing.

electricpete and Deleted User like this.
  4. GodLovesYou

GodLovesYou Android Enthusiast

What is up!

Well, I would like to know if 360 was a good purchase for you? I am thinking about buy one of this, but I need some tips from someone that got one.