1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Gear S2 Issues after Note Edge Marshmallow update

Discussion in 'Samsung Gear S2' started by Maneesh Rai, May 20, 2016.

1. Maneesh Rai

Maneesh Rai Lurker
    None

May 20, 2016
    Male
    Bhopal
    My Gear S2 battery lasts just 3-4 hrs if all permissions are granted to Gear Manager on my Note Edge mobile. If no permissions granted, meaning no phone/SMS/Location services on the watch, the battery lasts 10 hrs. Watch faces do not function on the Manager. Someone kindly help.

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Sounds like the watch needs a battery replacement. I get 2-3 days of use from mine, with about 10 apps & 4 emails pushing notifications.
    I don't use S-Health, or any of the apps associated with it.

If you're extremely active on fb/Twitter & the like, perhaps that's taxing the battery as well.........

3. Maneesh Rai

Maneesh Rai Lurker
    None

May 20, 2016
    Male
    Bhopal
    Watch is just 3 months old. Battery lasts 10 hrs with all permissions to app withdrawn, and 2 days stand alone.

4. bhl62

bhl62 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 19, 2010
    I have the 3g radio turned off since I didn't activate service, receive notifications from some apps and use SHealth. I don't enable notifications from heavy hitters like Email apps and Facebook, limiting it just important things like reminders, messages and phone calls.

With these settings, my battery is typically at 40-50% at bedtime unless I use it to play music while doing chores.

Since your battery life seems decent when apps are turned off, you could look at throttling back on notifications. Also, you haven't mentioned if you are using the 3G radio.

5. Bodycount

Bodycount Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    Male
    Columbus, OH
    Turn off mobile data if you have the 3G version of the watch. That's your biggest battery drain. Turn off wifi and GPS also. Don't think you can turn off NFC since the last update, at least I can't. Go in S health settings and turn off the auto heartbeat check. Common sense adjustments, turn off the always on watchface.

If you're battery still runs out within a day from full charge, do a factory reset. If it still happens after that, talk to Samsung.