1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Gear VR: when did you receive? Said I didn't qualify.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rebel1860, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Rebel1860

Rebel1860 Newbie
    None

Mar 6, 2016
    Male
    I see people posting about the Gear VR & was wondering when you received yours?
    I have submitted my request twice. The first time after about a month I checked statue & it said I did not show proof of purchasing qualifying product. I wrote them & after about 1 week, finally got a reply that I needed to resubmit proof. I did so right away & have not heard from them. I checked status again last night & it says same thing: no qualifying purchase. I don't know what else to do to prove that I bought a Galaxy S7 on March 11th.
    Anyone else having a problem getting the free Gear VR?
    I sent photos of the purchase as per their instructions, with all info. listed as needed.

Advertisement

2. Bodycount

Bodycount Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    Male
    Columbus, OH
    Would help to know what carrier you used.

For Tmobile, all you had to do was send in the PDF agreement that was emailed to you when you bought the phone.

3. MisterEd51

MisterEd51 Newbie
    None

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    I received my Galaxy S7 on March 8 and submitted the Gear VR claim the same day.
    Gear VR Promotion
    March 8 - Submitted claim
    March 22 - Approval received
    March 27 - Shipped
    March 29 - Received

Did you read the "Samsung Gear VR Offer - Terms and Conditions" carefully to make sure you submitted all the required information?

I ordered the Galaxy S7 online from AT&T. I scanned a copy of the invoice that was in the box and submitted that as proof of purchase. I got the "IMEI number" and "Wi-Fi MAC address" from the phone status information. Those were the main things to submit.

4. Rebel1860

Rebel1860 Newbie
    None

Mar 6, 2016
    Male
    Yes, I completed all the required info, including MAC address, IMEI, place of purchase, price, model, location number, everything asked for twice.
    I purchased from Sam's Club, Verizon carrier. I don't know how else to prove my purchase.

5. MisterEd51

MisterEd51 Newbie
    None

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Did you verify that Sam's Club was a "participating retailer"?

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.