• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gear VR: when did you receive? Said I didn't qualify.

Rebel1860

Mar 6, 2016
I see people posting about the Gear VR & was wondering when you received yours?
I have submitted my request twice. The first time after about a month I checked statue & it said I did not show proof of purchasing qualifying product. I wrote them & after about 1 week, finally got a reply that I needed to resubmit proof. I did so right away & have not heard from them. I checked status again last night & it says same thing: no qualifying purchase. I don't know what else to do to prove that I bought a Galaxy S7 on March 11th.
Anyone else having a problem getting the free Gear VR?
I sent photos of the purchase as per their instructions, with all info. listed as needed.

I received my Galaxy S7 on March 8 and submitted the Gear VR claim the same day.
Gear VR Promotion
March 8 - Submitted claim
March 22 - Approval received
March 27 - Shipped
March 29 - Received

Did you read the "Samsung Gear VR Offer - Terms and Conditions" carefully to make sure you submitted all the required information?

I ordered the Galaxy S7 online from AT&T. I scanned a copy of the invoice that was in the box and submitted that as proof of purchase. I got the "IMEI number" and "Wi-Fi MAC address" from the phone status information. Those were the main things to submit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones