• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gears of war 3

I think it's great. Dedicated servers for online play FTW, unlike some cheap developers *cough Activision cough*.

I enjoy that this game takes skill and a lot of team work, and a mixture of both to win multiplayer games. Very satisfying and rewarding game. Bad players are punished, good players are rewarded...the way gaming should be. However, I can see casual gamers being turned off cause of that and because it's not that easy of a game. All the guns have strengths and weaknesses, direct counters and all that good stuff and seems pretty well balanced.

The campaign is fun. 4 player co-op makes it a blast. The corny humor and vulgar language are still there and still make the game great.

Best of the three, the game is gorgeous even on SD TVs. I would be surprised if it wasn't in contention for Game of the Year. Definitely recommend this game.

Upvote 0
I think it's great. Dedicated servers for online play FTW, unlike some cheap developers *cough Activision cough*.

I enjoy that this game takes skill and a lot of team work, and a mixture of both to win multiplayer games. Very satisfying and rewarding game. Bad players are punished, good players are rewarded...the way gaming should be. However, I can see casual gamers being turned off cause of that and because it's not that easy of a game. All the guns have strengths and weaknesses, direct counters and all that good stuff and seems pretty well balanced.

The campaign is fun. 4 player co-op makes it a blast. The corny humor and vulgar language are still there and still make the game great.

Best of the three, the game is gorgeous even on SD TVs. I would be surprised if it wasn't in contention for Game of the Year. Definitely recommend this game.

I approve this message.

Upvote 0
I was going to get it but I heard it was like the updated version of GoW2, which I hated with a passion...I used to be amazing at Gears until that update because of the little kids that complained (but shouldn't even be playing that game) and I don't think I've played it since but I might borrow it from a friend just for the storyline.

Upvote 0
I was going to get it but I heard it was like the updated version of GoW2, which I hated with a passion...I used to be amazing at Gears until that update because of the little kids that complained (but shouldn't even be playing that game) and I don't think I've played it since but I might borrow it from a friend just for the storyline.

Safe to assume you never played the beta? It's nothing.. and I mean nothing like an updated version of Gears 2.

Upvote 0
There's going to be an update to make it like how GoW2 was when it was updated and then its going to suck again :(.

There's nothing to warrant that such an action would ever take place which is why I'm confused you would even say something like that. The only problem that plagued Gears was the lack of dedicated servers. Now that those exist, the game is practically flawless.

Upvote 0
The game just came out, I'm sure theres going to be something that kids that shouldnt be playing this game are going to complain about saying a gun is "too strong" or some other bs.

Two piecing was a good way to get kills and ever since they took it off it's like the game was never the same for me again. Maybe its because I haven't played Gears in over a year n a half but like you said I havent played it [GOW3] yet but that is what I am thinking will happen...

Inb4yousuckifyoutwopiece

Upvote 0
The game is very polished and I'm having a blast playing it.

I would like to see the Sawed Off range be toned down to just melee. The weapon description says it has zero power outside of melee range, and that's the way it should be.

It's pretty easy to counter, but just annoying and should be fixed. I'm terrified to even use my Gnasher since everyone and their mother is using the Sawed Off at the moment. I do enjoy the free kills of the idiots that run straight at you and wonder why they die though.

Reactions: NYCHitman1
Upvote 0
The game is very polished and I'm having a blast playing it.

I would like to see the Sawed Off range be toned down to just melee. The weapon description says it has zero power outside of melee range, and that's the way it should be.

It's pretty easy to counter, but just annoying and should be fixed. I'm terrified to even use my Gnasher since everyone and their mother is using the Sawed Off at the moment. I do enjoy the free kills of the idiots that run straight at you and wonder why they die though.

I dunno. Personally I'm glad there's a decent counter to the gnasher again like there was in gears 1 (with the pistol). In gears 2 it kinda sucked for those of us who didn't use it.

Upvote 0
It was part of the game there was no glitch, no bullshit, just like how they took out getting knocked back from a smoke grenade and of course the dreaded 1 shot down from an active reload sniper, its not like it was unavoidable...If you know a person 2 pieces a lot then kill him from far away simple as that but noooo let's just remove it all together

Thats like saying you die too quick in modern warfare, people complain their asses off about that but its part of the game, I'm sure 1 bullet from any gun will put people down...

/rant

Upvote 0
It was part of the game there was no glitch, no bullshit, just like how they took out getting knocked back from a smoke grenade and of course the dreaded 1 shot down from an active reload sniper, its not like it was unavoidable...If you know a person 2 pieces a lot then kill him from far away simple as that but noooo let's just remove it all together

Thats like saying you die too quick in modern warfare, people complain their asses off about that but its part of the game, I'm sure 1 bullet from any gun will put people down...

/rant

Ehh, that's like comparing apples to oranges. The fact of the matter is that 'two piecing' presented plenty of problems that you clearly are not aware of. The first being a glitch in animations. The second resulting in an unfair advantage. Where is the logic in someone meleeing me from the side and with his/her back turned to me fires a round and I explode into a million pieces?

There will always be people exploiting the glitches of a game, but that doesn't make it right. Period.

Upvote 0
Jack In The Box is having one of those instant win games. When you redeem your code on their site you can win a liquid green weapon skin pack. The stickers are on the large drinks.

Thank God I won, I would've been furious if I didn't. I don't even like the place that much and I drove 20 miles out of my way to try to get it.

Upvote 0
Jack In The Box is having one of those instant win games. When you redeem your code on their site you can win a liquid green weapon skin pack. The stickers are on the large drinks.

Thank God I won, I would've been furious if I didn't. I don't even like the place that much and I drove 20 miles out of my way to try to get it.

Dangit! The closest jack In the Box is like 100 miles from me. Grrrr...

If anyone can get an extra and hook a fellow Android Forums'er up I'll hook you up with a thanks and maybe a Skittle! I know it's not much but my buddy who lives several hundred miles from JntB has some special golden guns and brags about it all the time since I don't. If I could get my hands on these the tables would be turned and I wouldn't have to hear about it anymore. lol So think of it as helping to exact revenge on someone who deserves it. :D

Upvote 0
Gears 3 is possibly the most polished game I have ever played at release.

I played GoW 1 and 2 a heck of a lot, only level I failed was on the hardest level on GoW 2 but I have to say I find GoW 3 is boring. I even splashed out on the limited edition being as it was the final one etc. but it is one of the very few games I cannot be bothered to complete. I didn't think much of 2 but something is lacking in this one.:(

I'd much rather play Dead Space 1 or 2 ot Resident Evil 4. The same thing happened in Lost Planet 2..........it just wasn't as good as LP1.

Upvote 0
I played GoW 1 and 2 a heck of a lot, only level I failed was on the hardest level on GoW 2 but I have to say I find GoW 3 is boring. I even splashed out on the limited edition being as it was the final one etc. but it is one of the very few games I cannot be bothered to complete. I didn't think much of 2 but something is lacking in this one.:(

I'd much rather play Dead Space 1 or 2 ot Resident Evil 4. The same thing happened in Lost Planet 2..........it just wasn't as good as LP1.

That's kinda shocking. You're the first person to tell me they didn't like Gears 3. By the way, LP sucks lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones