1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Gel/Silicone case for Hero

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jephdood, Apr 2, 2010.

1. jephdood

jephdood Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Opinions on the best ones out there? Want something that fits well, protects, but doesn't add too much bulk.

Advertisement

2. Rube8514

Rube8514 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Indiana
    Otter box...they have non-bulky cases also. I have the Commuter case and love it.

3. MadBrown

MadBrown Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    I use the ones sold at the Sprint store and love them. They're overpriced ($20 for 2), but work perfectly.

4. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Android Enthusiast

Feb 13, 2010
    Martial Arts Instructor
    Michigan - Metro Detroit
  5. jephdood

jephdood Member

Feb 28, 2010
  6. I got this one.
    HTC Sprint Hero Skin Case Burgundy Other colors too.
    $6.00, fits well and has been durable. It does add some bulk though. Also, %off coupons for this site are almost always available if you Google it.

7. scottmbolt

Feb 13, 2010
    Martial Arts Instructor
    Michigan - Metro Detroit
  8. jephdood

jephdood Member

Feb 28, 2010
  9. scottmbolt

Feb 13, 2010
    Martial Arts Instructor
    Michigan - Metro Detroit

I consider myself an ebay connoisseur, from both selling and buying points of view.

When I buy, I look at both

1. Sellers location - never buy from an over seas seller. Their shipments take twice as long, and they are not as reliable.

2. Feedback, of course :D - along with how long they have been an active seller on ebay

10. jephdood

jephdood Member

Feb 28, 2010
    That's not really what I meant. It's the same seller, and seemingly the same product.. but different prices. But, whatever. I'll just order one of 'em and hopefully it's what I'm looking for.

11. scottmbolt

Feb 13, 2010
    Martial Arts Instructor
    Michigan - Metro Detroit
    Common sense says ... but the one thats cheaper :eek:

12. jonwlewis

jonwlewis Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Skip Trace Investigator
    Loveland, Colorado
    I originally got the HTC silicone gel case. Took it back and bought the Otterbox Commuter Case from ebay. I LOVE it. It gives great protection without being too bulky. I recommend it to everyone!

13. skoo9382

skoo9382 Member

Mar 31, 2010
    i don't like silicon cases because eventually they will stretch out. I too have the Otterbox Commuter case and i like it a lot. It has protection to the max. i am more than confident that if i would drop it, the phone would not have a dent in it. It does add a little bulk to the phone, but #1 all cases will add some bulk, and #2 it kind of gives the phone a more sturdy feel in your hands.

just my 2 cents.

14. pseudopod

pseudopod Newbie

Nov 11, 2009
    After having several Silicone Gel cases, I decided to upgrade the following case:

seidioonline.com

I too agree that the Gel cases stretch out over time and I hated how it would come off so easily after a while

15. mozman

mozman Newbie

Feb 22, 2010
    I do not like the silicone cases. I had the 2 pack from sprint. it is a lint magnet, especially if you put it in your pocket. I got one of the tpu material cases and like it a lot better. It is thinner than the sprint silicone case and no lint! Search for it on the web you can fine them with free shipping for less than $10. I got mine just under $8.

16. 08crewmax

08crewmax Newbie

Dec 15, 2009
    Couldn't do cases my self, so I went the best skins ever.

17. dominicanyor

dominicanyor Android Enthusiast

Mar 11, 2010
    Jacksonville fl
  18. jephdood

jephdood Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Well, I ordered the cheapy rubber Ebay one.. but I got it in a package with some other stuff I needed also (home charger, car charger, extra usb cable).. all for $8.99 shipped. So if the case sucks, no biggie. I got all the other stuff for a good price anyway.

Those TPU cases look interesting.. do they have them in plain black?

19. rphilp

rphilp Lurker

Apr 5, 2010
    I just purchased a case by "Body Gloove" at Sprint Store. Great feel and looks good. Not a Gel but has a great feel.

20. Lizzrd

Lizzrd Member

Mar 3, 2010
    RN
    Mid-Atlantic US
    I've long been a fan of silicone cases for their protection with drops (my devices don't get dropped *that* often, but it's always a possibility), but I agree that they are lint magnets. Wish I'd seen those new Otterboxes. :cool:

I got the Body Glove case with the clip. Clips aren't that practical for me as a nurse, but that kickstand in the clip sealed the deal. I had recently bought a silicone case with a kickstand for my iPod Classic and love it - I feel the same about the case for the Hero. It's fantastic being able to have the device sitting up without having to hold onto it.

I bought mine on eBay for $15 plus reasonable shipping. A retailer in the local mall wanted $30 for the same case.

21. 06rubi

06rubi Lurker

Apr 3, 2010
    Truck Driver
    Pueblo West
    I ordered a otterbox case on Friday afternoon and it was in my mailbox on Tuesday! Now I just need my phone to put in it. It was ordered on Thursday, so hopefully I'll get it today!

22. UnsavvyUser

UnsavvyUser Newbie

Dec 24, 2011
    USA
    My personal experience is that overseas sellers are not less reliable than U.S. sellers, and I've bought a fair amount of stuff. If you can wait that extra week to receive it, it's usually worth it as they are way cheaper.

Tags: