• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Gelaskins for Droid X

bosox2k1

Android Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2010
Williston, VT
On the Facebook page for Gelaskins GelaSkins | iPad Skins, iPhone Skins, iPod Skins, Laptop Skins, Gaming Skins, Custom Skins, Giclee Prints and more... they say they should have skins up for the Droid X next week. Gelaskins are pretty cool and have a ton of designs. Got the Great Wave for my Macbook Pro and it looks awesome.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't wait to get one for my X!!! The hard part is choosing the design!!!! So many to choose from!

You can get an idea by looking at other phone designs, plus you get the wallpaper of whatever design you choose so it's all in sync if you choose it to be.

Nice. I was just looking at their site. Looks like quality. Anyone use their products before? Is it just a skin or does it provide real protection? Do they slip on and off easily or is this more of a permanent deal? Could I still use my silicon case for work and then be all like "Party over here!!!!!111111111" at night? haha

Upvote 0
Nice. I was just looking at their site. Looks like quality. Anyone use their products before? Is it just a skin or does it provide real protection? Do they slip on and off easily or is this more of a permanent deal? Could I still use my silicon case for work and then be all like "Party over here!!!!!111111111" at night? haha
This looks mainly for aesthetic purposes(with the function to protect against light scratches) but not against dings or drops.
GelaSkins | What are GelaSkins?
Despite it saying "Easy on Easy Off", it mentions that in the context of repositioning and not so much for swaping out constantly. That would make sense since it's an adhesive. However, it would be great if someone that owns these can vouch for their usability. Otherwise, it appears this is pseudo permanent. Now if it were a snap on case, different story.

Upvote 0
They don;t fall off if that is what you are worrying about. I have one for my laptop and it looks awesome and feels great. I ordered one for my phone and can't wait to put it on. I will order an otter box case when it comes out and use it as needed, but I will mainly just keep it naked---well with the gelaskin of course.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones