• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gemini Calendar - my vision of calendar software

O.K., here is the idea of the Voice Widget.

First, steps to create a widget:

1. You create a voice widget, that will act as a shortcut, with predefined parameters, like the time of saving voice event. You can select the desired, general time determiners, like "today, tomorrow" etc. and the hour and minute of the future voice events.
2. Then you can use a predefined widget to add a voice events by just saying something. The event will be stored in the calendar at the selected time. No need to enter/dictate the time and other parameters.

In other words, widget will spare you entering (or dictating by voice) the complicated parameters like hour, minute, date - instead, you use a predefined, general time determiners.

What is the benefit of such widget ? Well, think that you drive a car every day. When you commute, you can save new events for future reference (memos), these events can be reviewed after you are back home.

Hope it explains the matter. I will make a video presentation describing the Voice Widget in the near future.

Reactions: Polish Prince
Upvote 0
The voice widget is awesome. Now that you've explained it, I've used it twice today while on the road. I've got a business & personal one that syncs with my various calendars.

One business event was prompted by a customer call I received while driving & the personal one was an email I received (again while driving) regarding a website I maintain for the Elks.

Both issues didn't need to be entered in my calendar immediately, but the voice widget puts them on the appropriate calendar to remind me when I get home tonight.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi Powell,

Being able to change the calendar associated with an appointment is still a very desirable feature. I don't believe that any other calendar in the android market can do this. And it is clear (because of the appointment cut and paste capabilities) that you have already written most of the necessary code for moving appointments to a different calendar.

You could make this feature only for paid users :)

Upvote 0
Version 1.0.21 ready in the Google Play.

• Search function was added. Gemini Calendar now searches in the Title, Description and Location fields.
  • Fixed Force Close while deleting/editing one event in series. This FC appeared in the Android ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)
  • Some remaining strings were translated into the non-English languages.

Upvote 0
love the calendar by far the best on i've tried so far. would it be possible to add icons to the days or change and add dots (like the red dot above the date) i would like to be able to see at a glance that all the days with a green dot, i did this, ones with a red dot, i did this. that would make it easier looking back and not having to go day by day. to see what i did. if you look at jorte it allows you to add icons to the day, so if i have practice, i could put a football/baseball icon ect... if i drove a truck at work i could put a truck icon. on paydays i could put a dollar sign or a pic of money. i know your space is limited so might be hard but that would make it perfect for me. also is it possible to have a list view of only the days that have something and an export option to print.

Upvote 0
As Polish Prince already noticed, there is a new version available in the Google Play :)

Version 1.1.00.
Main changes include:

• Registration system has changed. If you have had Gemini Calendar registered before, you will still have it. Just register from the application.
  • Unlock application is available in Google Play, (yes, Google added my country to the Merchants Lists, at last... no more PayPal),
  • Existing events can be fully modified, that includes recurrence, calendar, date and time,
  • Moving event to another calendar is possible, just edit event and select a new calendar from the list,
  • Some changes in Add Event window design,
  • Brand new launcher icon
    icon-hdpi.png
  • Other fixes

You can read more about new registration system here: Unlock key and other things

As a side note:
Right now, I am receiving a tons of emails from users, who think that sending registration request is enough to obtain a free application (they never paid for Gemini, they just want to check if I notice this). This slows everything down a little, but hey, I am not complaining.

Keep in touch, as always.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones