1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support General Advice from the Droid Incredible Community...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tyren, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Tyren

Tyren New Member

May 14, 2010
    Okay so Ive had my incredible for some time now. Had it all set up nicely and neatly. Its getting a lil out of hand but nothing I couldnt manage. Then BAM Froyo 2.2 and it blows up my phone. Task killer doesnt work anymore. I now know I dont need one from reading these boards. But the auto rotate is all screwy. It rotates to landscape even if I have the phone upright. And then sometimes when I want to go to landscape its almost like Im shaking the phone like a martini drink maker.

I read somewhere that I should probably do a factory reset. And I wanted to get some feed back from the people on these forums. Should I do a factory reset? Will that help with some of the problems? And if I do a factory reset will I lose all my phone numbers and contacts?

Advertisement

2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    College Student
    NC
    sometimes a factory reset will fix things but its not always true... what method did you use to get froyo?

3. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Yeah Froyo manages your apps for you, so I guess Task Killer is a no-go, but I was getting some of the same. issues you were. My landscape was a bit kooky and some lag so I went back to stock 2.1, then did the OTA again, everything is perfect.

4. Tyren

Tyren New Member

May 14, 2010
    I got my froyo from an over the air download. I woke up this morning and they said you have a system update. So i just clicked the install button, and boom my phone explodes with froyo 2.2