• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root General Custom Rom Request/Suggestion Center

Afteraffekt

Android Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2010
South Carolina
I have seen an over whelming, and unorganized range of ideas and suggestions for Roms, mostly crazy requests, but some very good ideas from time to time. So I have decided to make a thread to make my life easier.

In this thread I want to see the community come together to help make a better Rom! This is your chance, as the community, to comment first hand on what you think our Ally Roms should or could have! Many of you beg and beg about when a Rom will come out, and how its doing! This is your chance to contribute!

Here are my rules!

1.) This is a general topic, meant for the furthering and progress of our community!! No Flaming, and no putting other member's ideas or suggestions down!
2.) There is to be no requesting what features have already made it into Roms that are in progress.
3.) If you make a suggestion, do not ask if its going to be used! You will find out, and developers will be thankful!
4.) These suggestions can be tackled by any Rom Developer, and all Rom developers are encouraged to try and do it better!
5.) No asking about the following: MIUI, CyanagenMod, or any other ROM Ports! PERIOD! Never ask when the final release for a Rom is either, as asking will just make it longer to get here!
6.) Do not PM a known Rom Developer asking about any of these ideas! All thoughts are to be placed into this topic!
7.) No off topic posts!
8.)If you refer to another post QUOTE the post you are referring to!!!
9.)If you dislike an idea and want to suggest how to make it better, then do so in a constructively and in a positive manor!

Now that the guidelines are placed lets get posting!

I know this idea is weird, but what about a way to hot reboot by just holding the the end call button and you can choose it from the normal list like : power off, reboot, airplane mode, silent, hot reboot? Im not sure what it does but it made a my phone a bit faster.

It basically reboots the phone and keeps everything but memory I believe? Or other way around, can't remember, will def see about the Power Menu though.

j2cool2012 said:
Quick Scripts. I don't know how they would be implemented, but i'm thinking like a keyboard shortcut, Like Search+o takes you to overclock script. Easily created by running terminal with initial commands. Just a thought.

Im sure this would require some heavy modifications, and the option would be over looked by many people, Ill def look into it though, would be cool to have terminal shortcut though, I use Win+R to open Terminal or COmmand Prompt on my computer, why not on the phone too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones