1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General question for all versions of Android phones

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by JimReid, Dec 12, 2018.

1. JimReid

JimReid Member

I have the following:
    1. Manufacturer - Samsung Galaxy
    2. Model - S9 PLus
    3. Software version - 8.0.0
    4. Not Rooted
    5. I am constantly getting calls that I either deny or hangup on and then I get notified that I have a voicemail. The voicemail is empty. No sounds at all but I have to call my voicemail and clear them. Very annoying. I generally block the numbers as get them but they still keep calling even though I'm on the 'do not call' list. Is there anyway or app that would clear voicemails that have nothing on them? Luckily my vendor doesn't charge for voicemails or to retrieve them but it is still a pain in the a@#$ to have to keep clearing them just in case I have a valid voicemail. Ideas? Comments? I would think this is pretty common with cell phones.

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

I've tried many call blockers, stock installed to 3rd party apps in the play store and not one will be able to keep some calls from going to voice mail.
    I think what we've got is what we've got at this point

tube517 likes this.
  3. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Are you using the built in call blocker in your Samsung dialer/contact list?

I used to have the S8+ and it worked pretty good for blocking crap calls. It wasn't a 100% (I don't think anything is like Dannydet said) but it's a start.

Dannydet likes this.
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Unfortunately, no. Voicemail is handled by your carrier and not on your phone. They might provide a call blocking service when the calls are truly blocked, but a.they generally charge for that, and b. it may not have a decent algorithm for deciding which calls to block. The call-blocking apps simply mute the call and don't answer it so it goes to voicemail directly.