• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

General Questions about Connect

robertkoa

Android Enthusiast
Apr 14, 2012
New to Forum and thinking about getting Connect primarily to send photo presentations to Businesses etc.- done this by Phone before but Connect would give better photos and POSSIBLY the ability to send up to 10 slides in one MMS message to an EMAIL or another phone- that's what it says in the PDF Manual and in the Phone Menu.

1) Can it send multiple slides and texts - think of it as mini Power Point Presentation at least 5 or 7 pictures and explanations per message ?

A) Can these presentations be saved as Drafts and sent out again to other businesses at a future time ?

2) How is it as a PHONE- loud speakerphone and good volume from earpiece- or did LG forget to make it a good phone ?

3) What's up with the overheating ? *Hot enough to warm coffee ?
Battery life should be solved by the new 1900 2340 and 3500 mah batteries ? Right ?

* coffee would usually be cappucino etc. but this is not main reason for getting a Connect and would prefer NO overheating.

4)Vastly conflicting info on using $40 plan if picture messages to EMAIL will count towards data- some say no some yes.

Some have reported little change in Internet Speed even after they exceed their data amount ?

I don't really need it for browsing WEB or GAMES etc.- just mini powerpoint and good phone .

Thoughts ?

Thanks.

5) If you don't sync the Calendar- is there enough lines of text per appointment for directions , name address, who you're seeing at what for in each appointment ? Say 6 lines of text ?

New to Forum and thinking about getting Connect primarily to send photo presentations to Businesses etc.- done this by Phone before but Connect would give better photos and POSSIBLY the ability to send up to 10 slides in one MMS message to an EMAIL or another phone- that's what it says in the PDF Manual and in the Phone Menu.

1) Can it send multiple slides and texts - think of it as mini Power Point Presentation at least 5 or 7 pictures and explanations per message ?

A) Can these presentations be saved as Drafts and sent out again to other businesses at a future time ?

2) How is it as a PHONE- loud speakerphone and good volume from earpiece- or did LG forget to make it a good phone ?

3) What's up with the overheating ? *Hot enough to warm coffee ?
Battery life should be solved by the new 1900 2340 and 3500 mah batteries ? Right ?

* coffee would usually be cappucino etc. but this is not main reason for getting a Connect and would prefer NO overheating.

4)Vastly conflicting info on using $40 plan if picture messages to EMAIL will count towards data- some say no some yes.

Some have reported little change in Internet Speed even after they exceed their data amount ?

I don't really need it for browsing WEB or GAMES etc.- just mini powerpoint and good phone .

Thoughts ?

Thanks.

5) If you don't sync the Calendar- is there enough lines of text per appointment for directions , name address, who you're seeing at what for in each appointment ? Say 6 lines of text ?

Yes the connect is a good phone and I have sent up to 9 pic in one mms and all's you have to do is lock the mms and you can resend when ever you want the speed are good. Depending on where you are in coverage yes if you get the wrong one you sure can heat up some coffee or cappuccino but I believe that problem is going to be solved with the new ota up date that is coming soon. Well good luck hope you like it if you get remember metro is limited to where you can get good data to send pic and what not so make sure your in a 4g area good luck

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Upvote 0
If you're not gonna be on the web much or playing any games I would suggest going with the attain or maybe the HTC score. Getting a top of the line smartphone just to send pics is a waste of money.

I believe you mean ZTE score and I agree I would definitely go with the score for $99 if all your doing is sending pics. Especially since the score is metropcs newest phone so I would think they would put some support behind it.

Upvote 0
have you tried taking pics on a 3 megapixel camera?

5 megapixels might not be enough for you either and thats the best metro has right now.

just dont want you to spend a bunch of money on something you dont need or something that wont do what you need it to do.

I've done it with 1 megapixel and it's still better than nothing- the HTC or Galaxy Attain are good enough- but again require the 50 dollar plan so the savings will be equal- plus I may have some uses for a hi tech phone in the future........

the HTC One V- if it comes to Metro and does not have a fixed battery ( ! ) with Metro version might be a good choice.

Luckily I can see all the basic problems with the Connect here.....

I could see upgrading the Plan to 50 or 60 if a great phone comes along - but the Connect is best now so far, second for Camera might be the HTC they have now , but it's not as good for Power point Stuff I don't think.

I'm going to check the Attain- the Pics are good enough -I need to see if they can be saved as Templates and Multiple Pics at once can be sent- the Connect can do at least 8 at once...........

Upvote 0
I've done it with 1 megapixel and it's still better than nothing- the HTC or Galaxy Attain are good enough- but again require the 50 dollar plan so the savings will be equal- plus I may have some uses for a hi tech phone in the future........

the HTC One V- if it comes to Metro and does not have a fixed battery ( ! ) with Metro version might be a good choice.

Luckily I can see all the basic problems with the Connect here.....

I could see upgrading the Plan to 50 or 60 if a great phone comes along - but the Connect is best now so far, second for Camers might be the HTC they have now , but it's not as good for Power point Stuff I don't think.

I'm going to check the Attain- the Pics are good enough -I need to see if they can be saved as Templates and Multiple Pics at once can be sent- the Connect can do at least 8 at once...........

When you say PowerPoint presentations, do you mean you are taking a picture of the slide on a screen? Sorry if this is obvious

Upvote 0
No -I'm taking pictures of actual work I've done like a Wall Finish or a cool Cabinet Finish, Hi Tech Furniture Finish etc. and sending them with explanations to Designer/Architects etc.

5 Megapixel Shots with Connect are good enough also the current HTC is probably good enough from what I've read- so a good , inexpensive alternative which you guys recommended- if 6 or 7 shots at once could be sent - might be worth upgrading to 50$ plan.

Or still the Connect with the better non overheating battery......

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones