1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Questions

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Max.Andresen, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Max.Andresen

Max.Andresen Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Hello All,

Im very new at this but from what i know this is all very interesting and i want to learn more. I do have a few questions that i could not find answers to.

• What is the difference between operating systems? as far as Andriod 1, 1.5, 1.6, 2.0.
    • Ive seen some phone that strictly run 1.0 or 1.5 or 2.0 but there are also some phones that run 1.5 + something else. Can someone explain this to me?
    • I dont have an android phone yet but i want one. If i get a pgone that is running 1.0 and i want to upgrade it to 2.0 is that possible? Or if the phone i get is running 1.5 + custom ui can i get that to just run 1.5 or 2.0? Or if i get a phone and android comes out with a new version like 2.5 can I upgrade my phone to it?
    • What is the most powerful device out or coming out? I dont care what carrier but if i get a phone i want it to be the best device. I would also want it to have the latest version of android but if i can upgrade it then it doesnt matter. I am also unsure about getting a phone with a custom ui ontop of android because i only want what google is making. I dont know how good a custom ui will be. Am i right?
    Thank you all in advance for helping me out!

Advertisement

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Each new phone will come with the newest OS or will be updated by OTA (over-the-air) or via a download link from the phone provider

3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Welcome to AF! :D

4. Max.Andresen

Max.Andresen Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Thank you i hope to find a lot of info here.

5. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember

Oct 18, 2008
    Welcome to the forums! :)