• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help General Questions

How do I install or move apps to my sd card?

Use App- App 2 SD (move app to SD)

NEW QUESTION

Ok when you pull the notification bar down the SIII has the quick on and off bar at the top of the screen. Has anyone figured out how to edit that bar so you can add stuff like screen brightness, hotspot? Some of those options i'll never use.

You cant as of now
maybe a update will change that in Jelly bean

Why does the light stay green when my phone is asleep? Where do I find those Samsung apps?

it means u have a e mail notification

Upvote 0
I wanted to create a thread where people can ask general questions:

I'll start off by asking how often/when should I charge the S3?

Thanks
Here's a question I have not seen answered anywhere: A USB host adapter for the GS3 works fine, but that does not answer how content from the USB flash drive using this gadget can be sent to an HDTV(and not just to the phone's screen). An MHL adapter for this phone works fine to send contents from the phone to an HDTV, but what about USB flash drive content? Samsung's answer? 'Transfer the USB flash drive content to the phone first, and then use the MHL adapter for transferring such content to the HDTV'. Hard to believe they suggested that as a serious answer. Anyone else have a more practical response? Anyone able to find an adapter or other gadget to accomplish this objective?

Upvote 0
I tried another app and it said my device doesn't support it.

Go to setting/storage & see if ur card shows up like mine
my SD card is 64gb
& if urs does show i have no idea why u are not able to move it :thinking:

Attachments

• 1Screenshot_2012-08-03-14-55-16.jpg
    1Screenshot_2012-08-03-14-55-16.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 1Screenshot_2012-08-03-14-55-28.jpg
    1Screenshot_2012-08-03-14-55-28.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0
U need to buy Micro SD card :)
I already have a 32GB micro SD card in the phone, but most of the space on it is already in use - hence, the need to view the external USB flash drive's contents direct on an HDTV as well without transferring content to an already-full micro SD card. Since the USB host already allows viewing of the USB flash drive's content on the GS3 phone's screen, why not on an HDTV as well, ala MHL? (I was however finally able to get Samsung to confirm that the USB host will read USB flash drives up to 64GB). Any ideas, however, to accomplish what I've discussed? Anybody make an adapter or splitter to do this? I surely can't be the only one without this issue.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone
I have International version of SGS3, and I have a faced a ridiculous problem with call log! I had a missed call a couple of days ago, and I checked it, but the number next to the Phone icon is still there, showing that have one missed call! I deleted all the logs, turned the phone off, took out the battery, none of them worked ! I don't want to do a hard reset on my phone, since there is no guarantee that the problem won't happen again!
Do you guys have any solution for it?

Upvote 0
Hi, everyone.

I love my htc evo 4g, but i'm maxing out on memory.
my fave sprint guy says i should move to the galaxy s3.

couple of questions:

- has anyone else made this move? what do you think?

- i know it's dumb, but i love the htc weather / time app. any look-alike widgets for galaxy?

- i've been told that i have to rebuild all my apps & their settings; that's there's not way to copy them from the htc to the galaxy. i know how to use the usb cable - what can i move beyond photos? sprint says all they can do is clone contacts / texts / calendar

thanks for any & all advice.

hope this was the place to post.

Upvote 0
I had an Evo V 4G (same thing, just VM on Sprint's network). I returned them (wife and I each had them) due to a firmware issue with that phone and Sprint's network causing intermittent loss of voice/SMS. Otherwise we were happy with them.

The SIII makes that phone rubbish. The SIII's stats on paper don't do it justice, as it performs far better than what it looks like on paper. And it doesn't feel like a hot brick in your pocket; it's light and cool.

I know what you mean about Sense's time/weather; I like it also. I also liked Sense's other widgets; they are the best--however, the excess overhead isn't worth it. Wife loves Sense and debated between the One X and the SIII. I neither had nor want iAnything and that's the direction the HOX seems to have gone.

I can't see regretting getting this phone; I can see regretting on waiting on getting it.

For your apps, just redownload from the app store(s). You could use Titanium Backup as well (and to retain data/settings) but I would be conservative with that; I wouldn't want bad juju in my brand new phone.

For your other data and sideloaded apps, just plug it into your PC and set the phone to USB drive mode and copy everything. You may need htc drivers for it if Win doesn't find them automatically.

Upvote 0
I'm new to the board. Just wanted to say hello. I have been browsing this board for over a month now. Just became a member today.
Welcome to Android Forums!!!
Hi everyone
I have International version of SGS3, and I have a faced a ridiculous problem with call log! I had a missed call a couple of days ago, and I checked it, but the number next to the Phone icon is still there, showing that have one missed call! I deleted all the logs, turned the phone off, took out the battery, none of them worked ! I don't want to do a hard reset on my phone, since there is no guarantee that the problem won't happen again!
Do you guys have any solution for it?

That is weird.... perhaps delete the phone icon and re-add it maybe?

Welcome to Android Forums!!!

Upvote 0
im using apex pro, since sunday for some reason my beautiful widge clock just stops working..will display info from sometime last night..im using wizz the facebook widget stopped working, my google music widget shows the last song played but i can forward to the next song, but the track info doesn't change. but on widgetlocker all my widgets are changing..not sure what gives..any suggestions? not sure if this had anything to do with the update sprint pushed out, but i didn't have this problem up until sunday.

Upvote 0
So I've come acoss what is either a bug or a major misunderstanding. I've activated Google two-step authentication, after listening to Matt Honan's story on TWiT last Sunday. I never dreamed it would be so complicated. But I'm a stubborn cuss, so I put up with it. I generated countless application-specific passwords for all the various apps on all my mobile phones, and elsewhere.

Tonight, I tried to use some of the Samsung-specific applications on my new galaxy sIII phone. Media hub, for example. Well when it came time to use "my media" on that hub, Google asked me to confirm my password.

It wanted an application-specific password. So I fired up my Google account on my iPad, and generated one such password.

As those of you who have tried to activate two-step authentication will know, these application-specific passwords are each 16 digits long.

SURPRISE: The Samsung apps won't accept any passwords longer than 15 characters!!

WHERE WERE THESE CLOWNS WHEN GOOGLE STARTED ITS TWO-STEP AUTHENTICATION PUSH?! Maybe on Mars?

The curious thing is that nowhere have I seen anybody else complaining about this. Maybe nobody uses these Samsung apps except for me?

Anyhow, sorry for the rant. Had to share my frustration with someone.

I've been trying to solve this for quite some time, and have just recently concluded that I'm SOL. I can either give up on two-step authentication or give up on the Samsung apps. The choice ain't hard. Samsung, unless you want your "Media Hub" user base to decline from one person to none at all, I suggest you do something about this. Fast. The irony is that this is actually a good app, apart from the fact that it can't connect securely with Google.

Of course, it's possible that I'm full of it. If anyone has evidence either way, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Supposedly, over 10 million of these things have already sold, and it's quite a commentary on the usership of the Samsung apps that I can't find anyone else complaining about this.

Upvote 0
im using apex pro, since sunday for some reason my beautiful widge clock just stops working..will display info from sometime last night..im using wizz the facebook widget stopped working, my google music widget shows the last song played but i can forward to the next song, but the track info doesn't change. but on widgetlocker all my widgets are changing..not sure what gives..any suggestions? not sure if this had anything to do with the update sprint pushed out, but i didn't have this problem up until sunday.

Are you rooted? Saw a complaint on another forum about Apex and widgets. Said Apex Pro doesn't play nice with Samsung widgets unkess you're rooted. You may want to search android Central about this and see of you can speak with that user.

Upvote 0

So you're sure your data connections are working? You're connecting to Google on other apps? And it's just the widgets that aren't working?

Upvote 0
Are you rooted? Saw a complaint on another forum about Apex and widgets. Said Apex Pro doesn't play nice with Samsung widgets unkess you're rooted. You may want to search android Central about this and see of you can speak with that user.

My 3rd android and I'm still to scary to root, lol. I don't have any Samsung widgets running all 3rd party. I was doing some google search regarding it said to restart apex and that seemed to do the fix for the moment..

Upvote 0
Help needed.
What does downloading..... Do not turn off target mean??
Is this normal??

That is Download Mode. Unless you're doing development stuff on your phone it shouldn't be there. Battery pull should get you back up if this happens again (im assuming by now you figured that out though), i cant remember if the power button works while in download mode

Upvote 0
OK, so I retired my HTC Desire CDMA last night.....well actually the ground did(that's another story). Anyways I just purchased my new s3 and looking here on the forums I see threads for AT&T, Sprint, T mobile, Verizon, and international. So which category does the US Cellular device fall into? I know not international. Does it matter which one?

Model Number: SCH-R53OU

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones