• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

General Samsung Galaxy Player questions

Speck13

Lurker
Aug 4, 2014
Good day to all,

I'm looking to get a Samsung Galaxy Player to store some of my media (primarily music). I have A LOT of music, so I was hoping to get a 128gb SD card to work with the device. I will be syncing my music through a program called MusicBee for the PC.

My first question relates to the device itself. It appears Samsung has stopped making the stand-alone Galaxy Player and has moved on to tablets only. Amazon offers a bunch of discontinued models of the device ranging in size. All run on the Gingerbread 2.3.5 OS except for the 3.6 inch model which runs on the Gingerbread 2.3 OS.

I'm planning on purchasing a standard 128gb microSD card. The exact model is below. I would post a link but the site won't let me since this is my first post.

[FONT=&quot]SanDisk Ultra 128GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS Memory Card Speed Up To 30MB/s With Adapter - SDSDQUA-128G-G​46A[/FONT]

Will an SD card like that work with any Galaxy Player device that Amazon is selling? Are the Galaxy Players shown on the Amazon site the most up to date models available?

All input is appreciated,

Speck

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones