1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General General test time

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joshhedge, Jul 13, 2011.

1. joshhedge

joshhedge Newbie
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    England
    Hey guys, I'm interested to see what everyone is getting in Linpack multithreaded, Quadrant and AnTuTu benchmark if you've got the applications.

Do three runs for each

Quadrant :
    1) 2267
    2) 2153
    3) 2093

Linpack :
    1) 63.889
    2) 63.053
    3) 66.483

AnTuTu :
    1) 4488
    2) 4582
    3) 4575

Cheers guys, if any of you could let me know how these relate to other phones performances that will be sweet. Will rooting it have any effect either?

Josh.

Advertisement

2. Tink-GB

Tink-GB Well-Known Member
    None

May 30, 2011
    nr Bath, UK
    A fruitless exercise imo unless you need to get it to do something specific, but then why not get a netbook with a SIM embedded instead ...?

Each quarter a better dual core phone will be hitting the market now.

Generally the SG2S iphone copycat seems to make best use of it's hardware, however HTC have the edge on style, build quality and resale value at present over the other handset makers (excluding Apple in this entirely).

Most software available through the Market App doesn't seem to either recognise the chip or bench mark the handset properly either imo. (yes I was curious too).

The Sensation appears way down in the tables so again I don't hold to much to them.

So long as it does what I need it to, I'm happy unitl I see how much the iphone 5 or 6 will be next year. If it's a flip, I will flop...

As for rooting my Sensy, if it comes along in Sept11 as posted by HTC, perhaps it will improve it by removing some of the bloatware from system memory, which is running by default..
    Although it reports to have 768Mb ROM, the OS needs at least 60-70% of that presently out of the box, leaving only approx. 110 - 150MB for apps to run that we initiate. Rooting should help in this I'm sure.

3. joshhedge

joshhedge Newbie
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    England
    Whilst I do like to have the fastest and latest tech, I went for the Sensation because I loved the look of it, the aluminium uni body and sense 3.0 while in my opinion the GS2 is a plastic piece of crap :L

The only area I've noticed that the Sensation is really beaten on is the floating point integer, but that may be because its just a heavily modified A8 chip rather than the A9. The graphics is on par with them even though its pushing more pixels than its tegra and exnos? rivals.

I'm currently getting around 230mb free space maxed out which is good. I'm finding that even when I have 150mb free I still get low memory warnings when opening engadget which only uses around 11-20mb or ram. I guess rooting should help that. I'm also planning on OCing it to around 1.5ghz if that is found to be stable, the SoC is capable of that so I'm told.

4. Tink-GB

Tink-GB Well-Known Member
    None

May 30, 2011
    nr Bath, UK
    Sounds like a good plan to me...let's hope the bootloader software comes before the iPhone5...or I may be tempted...