• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Geniatech Enjoy TV

only one thing i'm not managed to deal is flash player. installed is 10.2.10.2, but for update is available 11.1.11.1.111.8, and it can't be done. maybe deinstall old, and reinstall new? not sure. but, earlier version, 11.1.11.1.111.7 is normaly installed over 10.2 when i do instalation of "normal" update.img. maybe it it problem with this "\data\data\com.adobe.flashplayer" folder.
i'll see in these days what is problem with that.

Viki, regarding Flash 11 are you getting the good performance for it like we are seeing with Flash 10.2? My understanding was that Flash 11 does not have the hardware acceleration like Flash 10.2 does. In my testing the Flash 11 is always pretty choppy, and not smooth. Is there a specific Flash 11 apk I should try?

Upvote 0
i still didn't compare those two versions. if you have some specific web page that you're sure that is choppy, give me a link, and i'll check for you.
little after i'm installed those custom rom, i only looked one web page, but, that was just link from FB, and there was one flash clip. only 720p resolution was giving me choppy result, and info as "those clip is not for mobile". i'll see some other sites, and give you answer.

Upvote 0
i still didn't compare those two versions. if you have some specific web page that you're sure that is choppy, give me a link, and i'll check for you.
little after i'm installed those custom rom, i only looked one web page, but, that was just link from FB, and there was one flash clip. only 720p resolution was giving me choppy result, and info as "those clip is not for mobile". i'll see some other sites, and give you answer.

I have been using Youtube 720p videos for testing. Using the Flash 10.2 version it is working perfectly, very smooth. Using any other Flash version it is very choppy and barely plays.

Try opening this in the web browser, it should open full screen and switch to 720p if it does not do it automatically:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=vbLNOFbsRow&vq=high

Thanks for testing that.

Upvote 0
avirex, np, but, YT sais that "video is not allowed in your country". do you have something else, but, i'll try this one, tinyurl.com/aajz27
it is also 720p.

EDIT:

i hope that link you send me was nothing special? i opened some other 720p and higher and, as you saidm with 11.x, video stucking! with 10.2 is all ok. no matther window or half screen or full screen.
so, thank you for this question, i'll probably start asking in a couple a days "what happened with video?"

so, do not replace 10.2 with 11.x flash player!

thanks dude!

Upvote 0
Regarding to latest firmware, it's quite good (very similar to previous one)...and I think to remain with this release installed (I will just change Market from 3.4.6 to 1.82 and apply permissions and fingerprint tricks).
Instead, regarding to rom customizing, even if I haven't had positive results, I will continue my trials and
researches, trying to understand better all mechanism.

gio hi!

as you see, i finally managed to try updating box with modded rom. yes, it is working, but, i now see that this is 1.82 market. on my phone is 2.63. which is still better of 3.x.
so, i tryed to replace it, but no success. i removed it, uninstalled it, but nothing working. so, or 1,82, or 3.x with this update few days ago?

on phone i simply updated market with newer version, on android 2.2.2. this is 2.3.4, and with oooold market.

what to do about that? :thinking:

Upvote 0
gio hi!

as you see, i finally managed to try updating box with modded rom. yes, it is working, but, i now see that this is 1.82 market. on my phone is 2.63. which is still better of 3.x.
so, i tryed to replace it, but no success. i removed it, uninstalled it, but nothing working. so, or 1,82, or 3.x with this update few days ago?

on phone i simply updated market with newer version, on android 2.2.2. this is 2.3.4, and with oooold market.

-----
Pleae try to install Google play store for Geniatech Enjoy TV Box
http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/update_market_new.zip

Download and don't unzip, change the file name to update.img(all are small characters), copy to SD card, and go to setting->privacy->update system to upgrade this package.

Upvote 0
-----
Pleae try to install Google play store for Geniatech Enjoy TV Box
http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/update_market_new.zip

Download and don't unzip, change the file name to update.img(all are small characters), copy to SD card, and go to setting->privacy->update system to upgrade this package.

that's ok. i know about that procedure and file, but that is market/google play v3.x. but, i want older market v2.x, not 3.x. in mean time, i found that box doesn't have "market-updater.apk" installed. i installed it, and now i'll see will it update or not. still, updating on classic stile - click on .apk doens't work for android market.

so, for now, or 1.82 or 3.x. i'll see is there any other solution.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone,

Geniatech has a new ICS 4.0 version for Atv1000/2000/3000/300/310/510
Below is URL:
http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/update_M1_4.0_20120411.zip
The same upgrading steps as before.
Download and don't unzip, change the file name to update.img, copy to SD card and go to setting->privacy->update system to upgrade.
Before upgrading, check you are using android 2.3 version. If not, upgrade to 2.3 version first.
When you want to degrade to android 2.3, just do it with the same steps as upgrading.

Improvements on ICS4.0_20120411 verison:

Improved app compatibility.
Support Google play store.
Support resolution switched.
Support Ypbpr.
Support display position changed.
Support Hotspot.
Support flash 10.2 hardware decoding.

There are some problems still need to be fixed:

Doesn't support CVBS output.
Have not supported usb camera/3G dongle/Geniatech TV dongle yet, will be finished in the future.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone,

Below is URL:
Download and don't unzip, change the file name to update.img, copy to SD card and go to setting->privacy->update system to upgrade.
Before upgrading, check you are using android 2.3 version. If not, upgrade to 2.3 version first.
When you want to degrade to android 2.3, just do it with the same steps as upgrading.

Support Ypbpr.
Support Hotspot.

Have not supported usb camera/3G dongle/Geniatech TV dongle yet, will be finished in the future.
is laghy:(slow

Upvote 0
my experience with version 4.0:
- no "network" icon, so cant play from samba
-installed cifsmanager to play from samba, but it wont work coz it has to be rooted
-tried to install z4root to root it, but installation failed.
i use it mainly for watching/streaming from samba, so 4.0 no good to me. downgraded back to previous version. any solution for that??

Upvote 0
gio hi!

Hi vikidroid, I'm very happy for your testing with customized roms...
Regarding to Market, you wrote 2.63 release, but surely you meant 2.3.6...
I can tell you that I downloaded 2.3.6 release from here:
Android Market 2.3.6.apk
and, quietly, I was able to install it.
(Using rootexplorer, I copied Android Market 2.3.6.apk from usb pendrive --> I went back to: /system/apps
--> I renamed Vending.apk to Vending.apk1 --> I pasted Android Market 2.3.6.apk
and renamed it to Vending.apk --> I gave same permissions of other apps)
Try this file (probably yours is corrupted) and let me know...

Reactions: vikidroid
Upvote 0
Hi vikidroid, I'm very happy for your testing with customized roms...
Regarding to Market, you wrote 2.63 release, but surely you meant 2.3.6...
Android Market 2.3.6.apk
(Using rootexplorer, I copied Android Market 2.3.6.apk from usb pendrive --> I went back to: /system/apps
--> I renamed Vending.apk to Vending.apk1 --> I pasted Android Market 2.3.6.apk
and renamed it to Vending.apk --> I gave same permissions of other apps)
Try this file (probably yours is corrupted) and let me know...

yes, of course, 2.3.6. lapsus calami! ;-)
hm, so, without any instalation, just replace files. till today, i tryed many ways to install, but no luck. if this fail, i'm not sure what's going on.
i'll try it little later.

hope, with success! ;-)

Upvote 0
Hello everyone,

Below is URL:

Support Ypbpr.
Support Hotspot.

Thanks for the upload, quite a few app apparantly do not work with ICS but the main concern that I have is with the cursor colour, it is attrocious virtually making the update unusable.

The cursor is invisible most of the time.

It appears to be slower than Gingerbread but so is the ICS I have on my tablet.

It has promise but until the cursor colour is fixed and apps can run its bach to Gingerbread.

Interestingly ICS cannot find the USB connected TV dongle, this could be an effect of the hidtv app but it could be a fault with ICS as my upgrade to ICS on my tablet has a USB problem in that the USB is not recognised by my PC.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone,

Below is URL:

Support Ypbpr.
Support Hotspot.

Thanks for the upload, quite a few app apparantly do not work with ICS but the main concern that I have is with the cursor colour, it is attrocious virtually making the update unusable.

The cursor is invisible most of the time.

It appears to be slower than Gingerbread but so is the ICS I have on my tablet.

It has promise but until the cursor colour is fixed and apps can run its back to Gingerbread.

Interestingly ICS cannot find the USB connected TV dongle, this could be an effect of the hidtv app but it could be a fault with ICS as my upgrade to ICS on my tablet has a USB problem in that the USB is not recognised by my PC.

Upvote 0
Android Market 2.3.6.apk

hi gio!
i'm going mad with this market?! :mad:
i can't install it. ok, i can do a procedure you wrote, but i have some conflicts, errors.... so, i go back to old one. or, i'll switch to v3.
maybe i did some damage with all those installations and additional files (updater, onetimeinstall and so on). if i have to spare some time, i'll make a new image with this file preinstalled. but, it is not souch problem.

thanks anyway!

enviro hi!
i'm reading your post, and this sentence get my attention. "...usb tv dongle...". you want to tell us that you can watch tv via box? can you tell me how and with which software/application? or i'm get it wrong?! :thinking:

btw, i'm not sure that ICS will work fluently on this device. i'm tracking some other forums about low-range tablets which are very similar to this box (512mb ram, 800-1000mhz proc, 4-8gb storage), and they started to receive updates to ICS, and there is no one tablet and user which have good words for that. great deal of apps doesn't work, it is all laggy and slow. and most of them are switching back to 2.3.x.

i hope that some future releases will be better that this one. or, this is just some beta version?

Upvote 0
hi gio!
i can't install it. ok, i can do a procedure you wrote, but i have some conflicts, errors.... so, i go back to old one. or, i'll switch to v3.
maybe i did some damage with all those installations and additional files (updater, onetimeinstall and so on). if i have to spare some time, i'll make a new image with this file preinstalled. but, it is not souch problem.

thanks anyway!
Hi vikidroid, I don't know the reason, but surely you should solve giving a complete wipe and reinstalling again your firmware.
I suggest not to add marketupdater.apk in: /system/app (it will cause the update to google play).

In the meantime, continuing my tests, I modified this update file: update_google-play_3.4.6.zip
and I created, just for you and all users, three different update.zip packages:

update_full-access-to-market.zip:
update_full-access-to-market.zip

update_market_1.82.zip:
update_market_1.82.zip

update_market_2.3.6.zip:
update_market_2.3.6.zip

which, easily and quickly (in recovery mode), allow us to install different markets (1.82 or 2.3.6)
and give us access to a more complete market.

So, if you want, you can also try to upgrade using update_market_2.3.6.zip
and update_full-access-to-market.zip.
Rename them to update.img and install as usual.
Let me know...

Edit:
These packages are specific for 2.3.4 Gingerbread releases, don't use them for ICS.

*(If Google Play Store is your inbuilt market, then, after the update to 1.82 or 2.3.6, you must go to:
Settings --> Applications --> Manage applications --> All --> Google Play Store and click:
Clear data & cache --> Force stop --> Uninstall updates)

Upvote 0
hi gio!

thanks anyway!

enviro hi!
i'm reading your post, and this sentence get my attention. "...usb tv dongle...". you want to tell us that you can watch tv via box? can you tell me how and with which software/application? or i'm get it wrong?! :thinking:

btw, i'm not sure that ICS will work fluently on this device. i'm tracking some other forums about low-range tablets which are very similar to this box (512mb ram, 800-1000mhz proc, 4-8gb storage), and they started to receive updates to ICS, and there is no one tablet and user which have good words for that. great deal of apps doesn't work, it is all laggy and slow. and most of them are switching back to 2.3.x.

i hope that some future releases will be better that this one. or, this is just some beta version?
I recently bought an ATV 2000 TV Box at a discount cost and paid with PayPal. It comes with a high definition TV USB dongle.

It worked quite well, however the TV box died after about a week and I tried to have the unit repaired, replaced or money refunded. I never receive a response to any of the contact attempts I made. I launch a dispute with PayPal which I won and the money was credited back to me.

The upshot being that I currently have a bricked ATV 2000 and a TV dongle.

Naturally I tried the dongle in my old ATV 1000 and it worked perfectly.

After a bit of research I found that the dongle is Genentech’s T119 mini HDTV USB Stick.

I found a PC driver for it on the Genentech’s web site and the dongle works well on my PC and laptop.

From somewhere, I forget where, I located the Android TV box HiDTV.apk for the dongle.

I currently have version 1.9.2 running with Gingerbread dated 17 March 2012 and it also runs with 11 January 2012, 28 December 2011 and 2 November 2011 Android versions.

I have uploaded HiDTV1.9.2 to [FONT=&quot]http://tinyurl.com/89h7t4g[/FONT]

The only operational problem that I have experienced is that there is often a delay before the audio starts when changing channels.

Of course the HiDVT app is in desperate need of a makeover to improve and enhance its functionality.

BTW this dongle is that only one of 5 HDTV dongles that I have that will work with the Android TV box

Where I live in Australia I can watch all 22 HDTV channels, and listen to the 4 digital radio channels, that are available for my area. However being around 90 km from the transmitter, I have to use an outdoor antenna. I have to use this with my normal TV anyway.

Upvote 0
Because of this I made an update yesterday. Changed just the colour of the cursor.
The cursor is white.
Update as usual.
https://rapidshare.com/files/1931650398/update.img

Many thanks for that. Like the other post re the black pointer, it was a show stopper for me. The white one makes ICS now useable.

Being in Australia, I would like to get ABC iView working but so far no luck and some of the other TV channels catch-up use Microsoft Silverlight which as far as I know isn't available for Android yet either.

I guess I will have to wait for specific Apps to be produced for these catch-up TV channels.

Upvote 0
Hi vikidroid, I don't know the reason, but surely you should solve giving a complete wipe and reinstalling again your firmware.
I suggest not to add marketupdater.apk in: /system/app (it will cause the update to google play).

hi!
good work! it will surely help somebody. but, you see, when you mentioned marketupdater, i did installed it, and for some reason it didn't make upgrade to 3.x?!? i started it, let it be for some time with no other apps, but nothing. so, i think that i do some damage with those apps i installed. i was looking at some tutorials for tablets which doesn't have market, how to install it. and there i probably did a mistake. ok, it is not souch tragedy with this old market! it is bigger trouble to do all of settings in applications after reinstallation.

EDIT: after reinstallation, market 2.3.6 works. i just added those files in rom, re-signet it and applyed it. thanks!

Naturally I tried the dongle in my old ATV 1000 and it worked perfectly.

After a bit of research I found that the dongle is Genentech’s T119 mini HDTV USB Stick.

thank u for this! it is, imho, same thing as 3g dongles, web cams and similar peripherials-some are working, some doesn't. those things must be or driverless or drivers are integrated in rom or specially signed by manufacturer. and in this case, it is this third option. same as wifi dongles for some media players. only

as i need to reinstall system, i'll surely try with this app you linked.

thanks!

EDIT:
tryed tv card, no use. it says that there is no pluged tuner. so, it must be geniatech's tuner.
pitty...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones