• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Geniatech Enjoy TV

Does anyone tried to use one the ATV1000/2000 Chainfire3D app? Its easy with z4root to get the root and install Chainfire3D. With Opengl plugin you can run the games from Tegra zone. Lets start tweak our boxes :)

[Android 2.1+][03.10.2011][v3.2] Chainfire3D [ROOT][OpenGL ES 2.0+]
[Android 2.1+][03.10.2011][v3.2] Chainfire3D [ROOT][OpenGL ES 2.0+] - xda-developers

Hi, I tried Chainfire3D before, and it worked perfect, but I am not sure if you are interesting in game, so I did not share this information to you

Upvote 0
The android version of my device is not 2.2 but 2.2.5 ... and probably, if what your seller says is right, this is the reason for which I have also hungarian language...but installing a newest firmware (mine is 20110804), I think you should find it quietly

succeeded:) : My firmware:201106xx>> NO HUNGARIAN L.

yestrerday update: firmware 2011.09.16 >> YES HUNGARIAN L.

COOOL:)

Thanks

Upvote 0
succeeded:) : My firmware:201106xx>> NO HUNGARIAN L.

yestrerday update: firmware 2011.09.16 >> YES HUNGARIAN L.

COOOL:)

Thanks
I'm very happy for you...:):):)
If you have written exactly the release date of your firmware, probably you have a newer one
respect last two working firmwares (20110804, 20110909).
Can you post a link to yours, so that (waiting for the next one) we can try with it?

Upvote 0
Im not in home yet, but i found something about upgrade from usb stick.
Please try copy file to root dir on USB stick and forward update like with sd card.
I will be 20111010.114628 I think it's beta for China market.

You're too smart, but not smart but ready to go through life.

Do you want your testers to quietly do not put at risk your gadget.

I'll tell you many strange things that you do to your gadget, if not **** with the recovery or uboot, although half firmware upgrade to turn off the device, nothing happens.

We are still waiting to get home mysteriously as you said, which will not happen ever because you never were and you just want to do the dirty work for you in case you mess up your nice ATV.

Reactions: szemo77
Upvote 0
Hi, everyone,

I get a reply from geniatech support, she said update20111010.zip is a special version, it is not suitable for us. It seams that it is the one which they do for any other OEM/ODM customer , and she told me they will release android2.3 in the early of next week, anticipate,anticipate

I said this already, according Geniatech, I was told that by early next week would be available.

Upvote 0
First I apologize for my bad English, I am using the google translator. I am Spanish and live in Spain and do not like speaking another language than my native language.

Well and said this, I press.

I have opened the device ATV1000 inside there are 2 USB ports which the device actually has 4 usb ports.

1 of these ports, use it for USB keyboard Command, the other port is empty and you can insert anything (guarantee to work), in fact I have put a 32 GB micro SD and so I have a big space inside .

Here I put a link of what I put in it:

otras-memorias-kingston-multikit-g2-4gb.jpg

With this USB adapter you see in the image and memory of 32 GB samsung CL10 plus this is somewhat more interesting as internal memory.

I've got the memory for 35 euros, samsung entering the market are very very very strong, and for that, at a low price compared to competition remain as scam next to the price of samsung (at least in Spain ).

In the plus Samsgun CL10 are essential and, although both are actually CL10 plus write to 21 mb / s and the essentials to 13 mb / s.

The thing is you have a spare port in the device, you only have to unscrew and ready.

He also advises changing the usb port on the remote keypad, as if on the one stuck to wifi, I recommend you change it to another port.

I've done this and have noticed improvement in better range and 90 fewer errors about running out of coverage (remember that there is on IR).

I guess the port is no longer empty for bluetooth usb, if it ever became.

Also suppose that you could put like you can put the USB Digital TV has the ATV2000.

On the processor speed, do not know if you noticed, but the speed in versions since August (which came home my device was dated June), 1 GHz and 800 MHz was in the beginning.

If you do not believe me AnTuTu install the application.

I have devoted to reviews of Chinese phones and tablets, videos spoken in Spanish, some up to 3 hours and is now almost one hour than usual.

I could do a review but I paid for it (not you) and if I Geniatech gives at least the products of the reviews, I will not make any review to anyone.

My channel on YouTube is EnTuMenteETM

Soon, when the 2.3 is now available and also is the stable version, I will make a cooked version of the device to improve performance.

Also say that this device is fully compatible with Flash (the version that is ... including the 11), what happens is that those of Geniatech are Chinese and can not wait more than a Chinese brand that has no name known worldwide.

It is clear that based on junk someday will make a big thing, as everyone did in their day.

Continue at another time giving more comments.

Chao.

Upvote 0
THANKS for the replies. Much appreciated.
1. Both are stable, great. I was told by a china factory that it was not. Why do they spread rumours like this.
2.So 2.2 android it good enough? I think all models should be upgradeable.
3. Ok so no point me worrying about the other usb input. Assuming i can plug in a usb gizmo to give me more usbs inputs. Why do some devices list the usbs as HOST and OTG...Whats the difference.
4. Ok, so no point worrying about future updates. Can all players be upgraded to 4.0? Am i better off waiting a month or two for 4.0 devices.
5. Not many of the devices have a original supplier i can fine. Maybe ill stick to MEASY brand or GENIATECH.
6. ATV4000 looks like its worth waiting for.
8. Other players im considering are as follows.

a-Android TV Set Top Box ATV2918 - Android 2.3 Black
b-Amex Android TV ATV-MP-G7 - Google 2.2 - Internal HD
c-Measy Android TV Media Player - Android 2.2 - ARM A9 - HDD - NAS Net

All these are from the ASIA PADS website.

Thanks
1. I just can only guess they got the wrong product from wrong suppliers to compare. You know, chipset is stable or not is not easy to discover, what you can see is the the product, and the software on the product.
2. 2.2 is still good, 2.3 need more memory and booting in a longer time, but 2.3 does take few features better. Depends on if you do care about those extra features.
3. Host is to plug devices, like USB drive, keyboard etc. OTG is apart of to be a Hose, also can connect to a PC (another host) and to be as a device, mostly to be a USB storage
4. Not that easy, 4.0 is too early to say can or can not, the source code is not realeased yet. Even it is released today, you need wait for 4-6 months to get it ported on devices.
5. Google android, you can find more.
ATV4000 or ATV3000 is good, can be used as an media server. FTP/B.T/SAMBA/ETC

Upvote 0
Hello,

I have a serius problem with my new Android TV box.
I connect it with a HDMI--> DVI cable to my LCD TV HD ready(1360x768 - 60hz) but there is always black screen.

I'm shure that the cable work fine because I used it to connect a DVD reader with the same TV and I've no problems.

Witch idea?

Best regards,
Jessica:mad:
The LCD TV 1360X768 resolusion missmatch. Find a 1920X1080 LCDTV

Upvote 0
You're too smart, but not smart but ready to go through life.

Do you want your testers to quietly do not put at risk your gadget.

I'll tell you many strange things that you do to your gadget, if not **** with the recovery or uboot, although half firmware upgrade to turn off the device, nothing happens.

We are still waiting to get home mysteriously as you said, which will not happen ever because you never were and you just want to do the dirty work for you in case you mess up your nice ATV.
I test it and is the same problem with logo.img

There is no risk because i know how to unbrick boxes with ttl cable and load uboot. Im programing routers firmwares. If you want know from where come that firmware, just open or unzip and search information in setup compilation files. You will get some more interesting things. The rest I leave inquisitive.

If some one want test new firmware (ATV1000 512mb ram)
20111019.155837for A-lan with Android 2.2.5: http://ftp.a-link.com/smarttv/fw/update.zip

Upvote 0
Hi Punkored, I don't see any link and any image...
You could try, again, to insert them.
A question: in your opinion, is it possible to increase ram memory
(from 256MB to 512MB)? What kind of memory do we need?

The link is blocked that app to detect that is used outside of its pages, I will try to find another picture.

What ram memory, it is impossible to expand it, both RAM and flash are integrated into the motherboard, so it is impossible to desolder and solder these chips.

8628187-3744.jpg

The USB is the third to the right of the image.

There are many models and brands, and these adapters are very cheap.

s_MLC_v_O_f_35089687_285.jpg

Upvote 0
I test it and is the same problem with logo.img

There is no risk because i know how to unbrick boxes with ttl cable and load uboot. Im programing routers firmwares. If you want know from where come that firmware, just open or unzip and search information in setup compilation files. You will get some more interesting things. The rest I leave inquisitive.

If some one want test new firmware (ATV1000 512mb ram)
20111019.155837for A-lan with Android 2.2.5: http://ftp.a-link.com/smarttv/fw/update.zip

post-build=generic/stvm3/stvm3/stvm3:2.2.5/DTV/20110907.154648:user/test-keys
post-timestamp=1315447138
pre-device=smartTV

NO 20111019 - FAKE - 20110907 - REAL

Upvote 0

post-build=generic/stvm3/stvm3/stvm3:2.2.5/DTV/20110907.154648:user/test-keys
post-timestamp=1315447138
pre-device=smartTV

NO 20111019 - FAKE - 20110907 ORIGINAL

Do not know how to get Geniatech enting, but all you're putting these updates, are based on the 20110907 version (2.2.5).

Something old and all with the same big problem.

Geniatech tomorrow or the day and post your version 2.3, not because we put these things do not improve anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones