• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Geniatech Enjoy TV

Help needed iI have a Neoniq TV Box that is stuck in update mode. After installing the spi file it just re boots in the update mode and does not recognise the update.img folder on the SD card. I have tried a factory reset to get out of the update mode but when I restart it just reverts to the update page and reports update.img not found and goes from green to red to notify update has failed. I have tried 3 different updates from 88 mb up to 180mb but always get the same problem. I have also tried naming the folder update only as suggested in the forum. Can any one give me a clue as to how I can get this working again???? Ian

Upvote 0
Help needed iI have a Neoniq TV Box that is stuck in update mode. After installing the spi file it just re boots in the update mode and does not recognise the update.img folder on the SD card. I have tried a factory reset to get out of the update mode but when I restart it just reverts to the update page and reports update.img not found and goes from green to red to notify update has failed. I have tried 3 different updates from 88 mb up to 180mb but always get the same problem. I have also tried naming the folder update only as suggested in the forum. Can any one give me a clue as to how I can get this working again???? Ian

Hi there there is a button on the base of the unit press this during power up and you can boot into recovery. Flash an older image and you are good. What os the model of the ATV you have?

I'm assuming you are on a ATB1200 model or later so this would be a good place to start

Geniatech MX ATV1200 ATV520 Android 4.1 20130115 Firmware Upgrading Instruction

If you have the older ATV1000 based model then you can have Andriod 4.0 or 2.3 here

ICS 4.0 Geniatech M1 Android 4.0 20120730 Version Upgrading Instruction

(I found the video playback would stutter with this 4.0 version even using the old movies APK from 2.3) so I reverted to the 2.3 Firmware:

Geniatech M1 Android 2.3 20120606 Version Upgrading Instruction

I used the built in video player (Movies) or MX Player with H/W decoder (the default H/W+ does not work) all video plays back flawlessly including DTS down-sampling to stereo.

Check the news log for the latest versions:

Geniatech News Center - Press, Newsletter, Product release and Company News

The model you have is based on one of the Gianatech models make sure you find out which one before grabbing firmware. The recovery mode will get you out of a bad flash :) I'be done that once!

This model of your brand is an ATV2000 worth watching the video here but remember the creator of this page does NOT use HD Playback. There are tips for folk on other versions of the ATV here also worht reading the comments for common problems and issues. Remeber to update the unoot and recovery BEFORE you do the updates: CHECK your uboot version in about system in settings and write it down. Flash the UBOOT version you need and check it works (use the button on the base of the unit) BEFORE upgrading.
Updating Geniatech/Neoniq media player to Android Ice Cream Sandwitch « David Papp

Upvote 0
Hi there there is a button on the base of the unit press this during power up and you can boot into recovery. Flash an older image and you are good. What os the model of the ATV you have?

I'm assuming you are on a ATB1200 model or later so this would be a good place to start

Geniatech MX ATV1200 ATV520 Android 4.1 20130115 Firmware Upgrading Instruction

If you have the older ATV1000 based model then you can have Andriod 4.0 or 2.3 here

ICS 4.0 Geniatech M1 Android 4.0 20120730 Version Upgrading Instruction

(I found the video playback would stutter with this 4.0 version even using the old movies APK from 2.3) so I reverted to the 2.3 Firmware:

Geniatech M1 Android 2.3 20120606 Version Upgrading Instruction

I used the built in video player (Movies) or MX Player with H/W decoder (the default H/W+ does not work) all video plays back flawlessly including DTS down-sampling to stereo.

Check the news log for the latest versions:

Geniatech News Center - Press, Newsletter, Product release and Company News

The model you have is based on one of the Gianatech models make sure you find out which one before grabbing firmware. The recovery mode will get you out of a bad flash :) I'be done that once!

This model of your brand is an ATV2000 worth watching the video here but remember the creator of this page does NOT use HD Playback. There are tips for folk on other versions of the ATV here also worht reading the comments for common problems and issues. Remeber to update the unoot and recovery BEFORE you do the updates: CHECK your uboot version in about system in settings and write it down. Flash the UBOOT version you need and check it works (use the button on the base of the unit) BEFORE upgrading.
Updating Geniatech/Neoniq media player to Android Ice Cream Sandwitch « David Papp
Hi thanks for your suggestions I have already tried the reset button start it doesn't matter if I hold it in or not it just starts in update mode but does not recognise the update on the SD card. I have tried the reset start and update from services the problem is it can't find the update. Even if I try to do a factory reset it stays in update mode, my model is: ELAWB TV 23 >> 512mb >> ver2.3

Upvote 0
I have had ATV1100T for some time. It died and I got a new one. BUT ! It seems like someone flashed it with M3 instead of M1 software and now I don't have DVBPlayer. I did backup to SDcard earlier so I installed it in this one now but even though program itself is working, it doesn't scan channels. I tried flashing it to correct version, but it won't take it saying that ro.product.name is wrong. I changed update file containing that info and got stuck on signing error afterwards. I found signing app here on the topic (few pages back) and signed it, but now I'm scared that I could brick it if something goes wrong. What do you people think, should I flash it with Geniatech M1 Android 4.0 20120730 Version Upgrading Instruction or not ? I was also thinking of sending it back to service again...
http://www.geniatech.com/news/m1-android-4.0-20120730-upgrading-instruction.asp

Upvote 0
One more question, sorry to keep bugging ya. I looked at the guide but I think that may be from ICS to ICS. Anything in particular I need to do when jumping from 2.3.4? I found the guide for the M1 but not the M3. I tried the M1 update (i know I shouldnt have tried it but my friend said worse case scenario it gets soft bricked and it can be restored) and it took it successfully. Should I leave it as is or try to update the M3 update?

Upvote 0
There being some renewed interest in these units, I have reposted my method of upgrading the Geniatech Enjoy ATV 1000 Android TV Box and its re-badged, NeoniQ, GTV 220 and MyGica ATV1000 boxes to an ICS version. It will probably work on the ATV2000 as, I recall, was an ATV1000 with a High Definition DTV-T USB dongle and associated DTV app.

I have uploaded all the firmware to cloud storage.

Currently my unit is:

Model No.: M1 Media Box Board
Android Version: 4.0.3
Uboot Version: V1.3.6-25-g003d73d-dirty(20120719.18033)
Recovery Version: V1.3.0-87-ge46e804-dirty(20120605.160540)
Kernel Version: 2.6.34 Sat Aug 4 10:20:49
HKT2012
Build No.: 20120730

Note: The Serial No. of my unit is M3V2240000512

The M3 is misleading as it has a M1 board (see above)
V224 means that it originally was Android Version 2.2.4
0000 means ????
512 means that it has 512MB of memory

I have uploaded the instructions as a word document to:

How To Update The ATV 1000 TV Box And Its Clones.doc 49 KB
https://mega.co.nz/#!aIgyULLZ!INeexro8fJsbKZPqnYekCCB2DqEAVJ3wwr8nGNeFeGE

In this document you will find all the instructions, download links and warnings.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello.

Quick question my friends... I have an old ATV1000 or M1.... That i want to bring back to life, i've heard that the PIVOS DS X1 firmware is compatible with my device. Can any of you guys confirm that? if so. can you point me to instructions on how to do that? ive been on the pivos website but there's no much information on it. Wouldn't like to risk damage it.

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
There being some renewed interest in these units, I have reposted my method of upgrading the Geniatech Enjoy ATV 1000 Android TV Box and its re-badged, NeoniQ, GTV 220 and MyGica ATV1000 boxes to an ICS version. It will probably work on the ATV2000 as, I recall, was an ATV1000 with a High Definition DTV-T USB dongle and associated DTV app.

I have uploaded all the firmware to cloud storage.

Currently my unit is:

Model No.: M1 Media Box Board
Android Version: 4.0.3
Uboot Version: V1.3.6-25-g003d73d-dirty(20120719.18033)
Recovery Version: V1.3.0-87-ge46e804-dirty(20120605.160540)
Kernel Version: 2.6.34 Sat Aug 4 10:20:49
HKT2012
Build No.: 20120730

Note: The Serial No. of my unit is M3V2240000512

The M3 is misleading as it has a M1 board (see above)
V224 means that it originally was Android Version 2.2.4
0000 means ????
512 means that it has 512MB of memory

I have uploaded the instructions as a word document to:

How To Update The ATV 1000 TV Box And Its Clones.doc 49 KB
https://mega.co.nz/#!aIgyULLZ!INeexro8fJsbKZPqnYekCCB2DqEAVJ3wwr8nGNeFeGE

In this document you will find all the instructions, download links and warnings.

Enjoy!

Can someone please post the instructions and firmware files somewere else? The links are dead :(

Reactions: JuanMCT
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones