• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Genuine battery issue

I checked some other threads on here, and I can't quite find something applicable to my situation.

I've been using an LG Spectrum 2 for over a year now (no upgrade til late March 2015). As with every other cellphone or smartphone I've had in the past, as soon as I get it, I go onto eBay and buy a couple of cheap extra batteries. They're never quite as good, but they're cheap and they can be a real lifesaver, when I'm out for awhile and my battery goes. So last year, I bought a pair of Hyperion batteries for this purpose, and all was well. They've come in handy a great many times.

Then, this week (again, after a full year of using my spare batteries), I got the "use genuine battery" message. What happened? Why now? I don't believe a single thing changed (no updates or anything). Can I do anything about it?

Can anyone provide some insight on my issue?

This is so horrible. At least it happened to me when I wasn't in trouble or stuck somewhere or something.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones