• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Geocaching

Are there any geochaching apps for Android yet?

There are several nice ones for the Blackberry, like cacheberry. I'd love to see something like this for Android.

i dont' think there is a free geocaching app. Most cost around $9.99. You can do a search on the market for geocaching to see what there is.

There is also a geohashing app but it picks such a big area that one has to be ready to do some serious traveling for it and if you live near a large body of water, your trip may end up in the middle of it - geohash Droid

Upvote 0
Just to let you know...."Cachemate" is now available for geocaching....cost is $10......but i've used it for years on my laptop and now I have it on the G1 and it is awesome!!! Have over 4,000 caches stored in it...gives all info on the cache you are after off of Geocaching.com plus...when you see one that you want to go after...hit the Menu button and the option to Navigate to it comes up and the phone gps will take you to it....I actuall left my Garmin gps in the truck and used the phone all day!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones