1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

George Orwell got it wrong

Discussion in 'Politics and Current Affairs' started by dontpanicbobby, Apr 17, 2017.

1. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member Thread Starter

It won't be "The State" that watches everything you do. Its going to be "Corporations" Frederick Pohl and CM. Kornbluth wrote "The Space Merchants" back in 1953.

With the passage of this your ISP can sell everything you do online to the highest bidder. Engadget did a little write up about it last month.

We live in interesting times.

Gmash and psionandy like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

hmmm... Interesting, I'd alway framed it as a spectrum between Brave new World and 1984... (with a frightening chance of a left turn into Heinlein/Handmades Tale).... but I'll have to add this to the reading list.

Oddly enough it doesn't seem to be available in the UK on the Play store or Kindle.

3. cooldood

cooldood Newbie

Ben Franklin go it right
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    With the "patriot" act the government cna and does listen to everything. It started out that if you had one of 300 some odd words in your conversation they could "lawfully" monitor you. Now Snowden says the list is up to 2000 words.

4. today

today Android Expert

sicks,sicks,sicks?

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member Thread Starter

Not yet today.

6. Gmash

Gmash Extreme Android User

7. Davdi

Davdi Android Expert

VPN/TOR - not ideal but at least gives you a chance of staying private(ish). And yes, I know than NSA monitors SOME TOR exit nodes.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Plus it's slow as hell.

9. BPMz

BPMz Newbie

search for Albert pikes 3 world wars letter and...

10. BPMz

BPMz Newbie

but I suppose I can guess what exactly like

.. respect for the fact is I have no idea what I am doing for the next things to expect to see how you feel and how you feel about the new world order or is a conspiracy theory and the rest is history