• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Geotagged photos - not correct location

Having taken a photo with geotagging enabled I find when having uploaded to flikr or picasa the photo position on the map is where I did the upload itself ie at home using my wifi. The photo doesn't appear on the map where it should. I realise flikr allows me to drag the photo to the correct spot but if it has the coordinates why doesn't it do it automatically

My assumption is that photos won't be geo-tagged properly unless the phone has a GPS lock. So, if you activate the camera and immediately take a photo, the GPS will have had no chance to determine where it is. without GPS data, I guess the software developers had three options: use network data to give a rough location, leave the lat/long blank, or use the last known position.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones