• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Get A New B&N Nook Color For $200!

LBPHeretic

Android Expert
May 29, 2010
Wilmington, Delaware
You can grab a new B&N Nook Color on Barnes & Noble's eBay account for $199.99 with free shipping. Enter the coupon code "CBARNESDD" before you check out.

Here is the link to the article: Get a NOOKcolor for $200 if You Act Quick [Deals] | Android Phone Fans. Here is a link to the eBay listing:
NOOK Color Barnes & Noble Wi-Fi

Yea I saw this earlier... its extremely tempting, my only gripe is that it doesn't have a Front-Facing Camera so I can't use it like I would really want (as a full blown video-chatting tab). Its high up on my Tab list tho.

I think once they get the Bluetooth stack working 100% you could technically tether your smartphone to your B&N Nook Color and use that as the camera for chat.

It is not a super elegant solution, but at least it could be an option. So far, I have no missed having a camera since I always have my smartphone with me anyway.

Upvote 0
My coworkers and I have been debating whether or not to buy for a few days now. Even at the standard price of $249 we considered it quite a deal. Once we got wind of this offer though, that was the end of it. 3 purchases within 20 minutes of one another. I'll be flying to Kansas City on business in the coming weeks. This will make for a great tablet to watch movies during the flight.

Upvote 0
Thankfully I paid about $120 for mine thanks to Groupon because mine is going on ebay. I've rooted and tinkered with every Android phone I've owned (count is up to 4 now), but my Epic is ten times smoother on every front than my rooted nook color. Even my Archos 70 (outside of the screen) was working smoother overall. So if I'm going on the cheap, I'll pick up the Viewsonic G-Tab with the Tegra 2 for $350. To me, that's the bargain considering Honeycomb is at home on Tegra 2. But with the ipad2 coming out at that $499 pricepoint, all the tablets have an uproad battle ahead of them. Let's hope LG stays true to their promo a few months ago and is going to hit a pricepoint that can compete.

Upvote 0
Thankfully I paid about $120 for mine thanks to Groupon because mine is going on ebay. I've rooted and tinkered with every Android phone I've owned (count is up to 4 now), but my Epic is ten times smoother on every front than my rooted nook color. Even my Archos 70 (outside of the screen) was working smoother overall. So if I'm going on the cheap, I'll pick up the Viewsonic G-Tab with the Tegra 2 for $350. To me, that's the bargain considering Honeycomb is at home on Tegra 2. But with the ipad2 coming out at that $499 pricepoint, all the tablets have an uproad battle ahead of them. Let's hope LG stays true to their promo a few months ago and is going to hit a pricepoint that can compete.

I think I'm going to unload my NookCOLOR as well. I got it rooted and also have HoneyComb on an microSDHC. I played with it for 2 days and thats
about the extent of it.

The device lags so much. I can't get copy-n-paste to work with browsers. Photo Gallery lags. I can't play any video unless it was encoded for a 5 year old device.

I do like the form-factor and size.. I also like the build quality (fit-n-finsh) but this device is not for me.

Upvote 0
Don't get your hopes too high concerning video playback.

I haven't been able to get any decent video to play. I got some low-res 320x240 mp4 files and thats about it. Every medium to low-bitrate file I gave it seems to not work.

(With Nook and Auto-Nooter)

I play movies on mine a lot...I have a Cucusoft Converter Video to iPod program, and I've put many of my DVD's on it. It's not crystal clear, but it's good enough for me. But I'm not really picky either... :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones