1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Get a screen protector!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ickster, Jul 6, 2011.

1. ickster

ickster Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    N. Texas
    Yesterday I found three scratches in my Sensation that I can't explain. There is a very very slight chance my keys were in my pocket for a second but I truly don't think so. I am very anal about my phone and not careless with it in any way. I can say with 100% certainty that the phone was never placed face down. And that there was not any sand or dirt in my pocket. I can't explain the scratches which makes it worse LOL.

But people.....use a screen protector. I wish I had. Even though it is Gorilla Glass, it scratches.:(

Advertisement

MooseJaw likes this.
  2. behold_this

behold_this Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2009
  3. ickster

None

Jan 22, 2011
    N. Texas
    Couldn't resist could ya'?

Alright alright......"Maybe you should get a screen protector" or "A suggestion....get a screen protector" or "Might be a good idea to....."

LOL!

4. behold_this

behold_this Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2009
    Oh...ok...cool, thanx for the advice. :D Sorry about your phone, that'd ruin my day!

5. wmurphy1975

wmurphy1975 Member
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Technology Sales
    San Diego, CA
    Just ordered a Lexerd Anti-Glare screen protector yesterday. No scratches for me so far but I'm hoping to keep it that way.

6. Rustysocket

Rustysocket Lurker
    None

Jul 7, 2011
    I was at the tmobile store and the guy gave me his keys and told me to try to scratch the demo. I was pretty impressed. I didn't go and attempt to gouge it, but he walked up. took keys and scraped the screen. Not a scratch... with that said I will probably go with a protector just to keep the face grease off....

Any better deals that the 2/14$ at the store?

7. lucas.childers

lucas.childers Android Enthusiast
    None

May 7, 2011
    I got the 2 screens at the store, they suck! They don't even properly fit the sensation.

8. ickster

None

Jan 22, 2011
    N. Texas
    I had Ghost Armor installed on the screen at a Mall Kiosk. Covered the scratch nicely. Kind of an odd rubbery feel on the screen, but I'll get used to it. Looks pretty good too.

9. jree

jree Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2009
    keepin up with the jones'
    at your house when your not there
    Yeah, screen protectors suck but I would suggest one. I never rocked a screen protector with my Vibrant but that thing got a couple scratches on it from what I can assume is sand grains when I was trying to wipe of the fingerprints. Those 2 little scratches bugged me and I would stare at them for like 5 minutes a day and piss myself off all over again.

I ended up ordering the bodyguardz screen protector and they fit amazingly. No orange peel and it seems that no matter how many bubbles you get when applying, they disappear withing 2 hours of drying. I get that rubber feeling too but well worth the piece of mind. But just like sex, nothing feels quite like raw dawgin it

tkalfaoglu likes this.
  10. aci78

aci78 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    Seattle- ish
    BTW, this phone does NOt have Gorilla Glass. All of the T-mobile reps on site told me the only current phone they carry with GG is hte LG G2X. This is a severe dissapointment, since I had it on my vibrant, but not a dealbreaker. I guess I'll get used to that annoying condom....

11. tkalfaoglu

tkalfaoglu Newbie
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    Maybe he had PLASTIC keys.. heh heh.. :)

12. copracr

copracr Newbie
    None

Nov 3, 2010
    Everything i've read says it is gorilla glass. I had GG on my defy and though it is highly awesome, it's not the miracle they make it out to be. Things like keys and paperclips wont generally scratch it even if you try, but crystaline minerals like rust or silicates like glass or sand will easily. It's all about the hardness.

13. colnago

colnago Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    I also got scratches on my Defy, from the raised metal surround on my Nokia e72's camera housing, while carrying both phones in my pocket...and that's only during the walk accross the parking lot at work.

14. PhantomZen

PhantomZen Newbie
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Did they charge for installation?

15. mygt8a4re

mygt8a4re Member
    None

Feb 1, 2011
    Bradenton, Fl
    Back when I 1st got my Sensation the T-mo rep told me he had some small scratches on his 2 day old Sensation & recommended I get a screen protector. I got the T-mo 2pk deal, but I dont think they suck like some are claiming. He installed it for me, perfect fit, totally transparent, no air bubbles, very smooth to swipe acrossed, cant even tell its on there.....had it on since day 1 & showing no signs of wear.....that & my case give me the added security....
    my symapathy goes out the the OP, sorry about the scratches!