1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

get download link from sms

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by tomtom79, Jul 14, 2013.

1. tomtom79

tomtom79 Lurker

hi my provoider sent me a blank sms with a button Download which i am supposed to press witch download something to my phone. i find this odd but cannot find that link this button is taking me too without clcking the button but it must be there does anyone know how i can get the download link from the sms? thanks

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Not sure i understand mate. Does the download button not work?
    What is it theyre sending you.. APN settings or something?

3. tomtom79

tomtom79 Lurker

i have not tryed the download button as it may be a trojan my provoider have not been in contact i just got a sms from the but that can be spoofed and the download button gives no info i just got message out of the blue

funkylogik likes this.
  4. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

Don't ever download anything sent to you like that.

If you truly believe it is from your provider (I doubt it is), call them and ask.

Treat this like any spam email with an attachment you would get.

funkylogik likes this.
  5. Joelgp83

Joelgp83 Android Enthusiast

Bad idea. That's not a message from the (cell) provider, If it was, they would provide more than a simple blank text with just an unidentified link. Actually, they wouldn't even bother send you links via text either.

More than like likely what you've got is a spoofed text that's linking to malware of some sort. Best to delete it and carry on.

funkylogik likes this.
  6. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Wow yeah sorry, i missed the "blank" part!
    what makes you think your carrier sent it?
    If you didnt ask them for anything and dont need anything from them then its not important so just delete :thumbup: