1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Get 'em while they're there

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tensazan, Jan 5, 2012.

1. tensazan

tensazan Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Indiana

Advertisement

2. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Android Expert
    None

Oct 17, 2009
    I did the same!!!

3. speedygonzo

speedygonzo Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    Upcoming Android Developer
    Corpus Christi TX
    Any word on the keyboard for the gray TP?

4. huskerkate

huskerkate Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    civil lawyer
    Phoenix
    i ordered mine a couple of hours ago, and got a confirmation email - should be here between 1/11-1/16. finally!! i've been checking the BB site every day - the gift card i got for xmas was burning a hole in my pocket!

5. TNJ9

TNJ9 Newbie
    None

Jan 1, 2012
    New Jersey
    Alright, this tablet is beginning to tick me off. I love it, the GPS, WiFi and bootloader issues are not going to affect me since I carry a mobile hotspot and am not going to use a 10" tablet as a GPS. Anyway, when is this thing going to get in stores??? I've got a special "deal" worked out with Best Buy and they said they'd give me $100 off the Prime when it is in-store. But when is it going to be in store? What are they, shipping 5 of these a day or something? Come on ASUS, it's been out for 17 days and it's still close to impossible to find online LET ALONE in the store where I need it. The way it's going should I expect this to be in stores in February or something? Heck at that point might as well wait for the retina display Samsung... :mad:

6. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    I was going to buy one if I could walk into a store and buy one by January 1st in the color I wanted. I may still buy one but now since I still can't walk in and buy one I will probably wait for CES next week and see what's coming out soon. Luckily my original ipad can hold me over until then.

Asus really should have found a way to get this tablet to market in a decent amount of time from launch. Imagine how many more would have sold on day 1 if we all could just go buy one. Now with negative reviews and long shortages people will sit on the sidelines.

7. Arsenal55

Arsenal55 Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    Thanks for posting this. now itll surely be sold out by the time i get paid tomorrow. :(

Edit: Ehh nvm. I figured a way around it and my landlord shall not be pleased this month.

8. tensazan

tensazan Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Indiana
    I was reading a post on the BB forums, and one person said that BB will update the site shortly after they get a shipment in, which he also said is usually Thursdays. If you don't manage to snag one this week, try checking the link I posted periodically throughout the day next Thursday.

That's what I did today. I refreshed the page once or twice an hour until it said there were some available.

9. Arsenal55

Arsenal55 Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    Saw they were in stock 01/05 at around 5am and waited until night to order and today i get an email saying its been shipped so itll be here the 10th or 11th. NOICE