1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support "Get friends" isn't working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by indoninjah, Aug 31, 2010.

1. indoninjah

indoninjah New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Just got my galaxy S and I'm loving it. I've had one problem with it though, when I try to link a contact with a facebook profile nothing happens. I go to "get friends">select facbook account, but when I tap the account nothing happens. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, and I am conncted to wifi/3G. Anybody know what's going on?

Advertisement

2. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Newcastle, England
    I laughed quite a bit when I read the title. I felt very sorry for your lack of friends. ;)

Anyway, on a helpful note, if you go to accounts and sync, you can create a new 'Integrated contacts account' which pulls from facebook.

This worked for me. I did need to manually link a lot of the contacts afterwards though.

indoninjah likes this.
  3. indoninjah

indoninjah New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Will that add all of my friends though? That's the one thing I'm trying to avoid doing. I already had to delete all of the no-reply and one time email accounts from my contacts that auto-synced. And you know how a new phone goes, takes a while to get your friends back :p

4. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Newcastle, England
    I think you can either add all, or do a one time select of which ones to sync.

I did add all and then after linking the appropriate ones to my google contacts used the 'show only contacts with phone numbers' to hide most of them.

I also spent a very long time tidying up my google contacts :)