1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Get google calendars into my calendar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hawker, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    Male
    UK
    I dont use google calendar for my personal stuff, as i put all that directly into my phone's calendar.

However, in the google calendar I have UK holidays and the calendar for my football team configured. I would like to bring these into my phone calendar and see these as well as my personal stuff on the phone.

Now I've cleared the calendar storage and synced (as other posts have suggested) but no joy. The UK holiday events then came through to the calendar but I lost all my phone's events so I had to restore my schedule from backup. On doing this, I lost the holiday events.

I have uk holidays account checked in my calendar account settings.
    The calendar for my football team doesnt even appear here however, and I've tried syncing many times.

Any ideas on how I can get these 2 other google calendars to show with my phone's calendar?

Advertisement

2. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    Male
    UK
    I've sort of got around this but its a bit of a faff.
    The only way I could get both my own local phone calendar events to show along side the google holiday calendar was indeed to clear the calendar app storage, but as I've already stated, this wipes out anything you may have already put in. If you restore a backup of your schedule, then this wipes the google calendar out, so instead of restoring I manually created all my events. This unfortunately had to include me manually editing every contact with a birthday set, to delete the birthday, save, then re-enter the birthday. I found this to be the only way to re-include contacts birthdays into the calendar.

There is an option in contacts to merge with google, but I'm not sure what to do here.

Wondering what you all do? Do you keep your contacts and calendar local to the phone, or do you use google?