1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Get Home Screen Not By Pressing a Button

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by leegold, Jun 19, 2019.

1. leegold

leegold Lurker

Hi, new Galaxy S7 user, got used one and am happy with it. Question: Say phone sitting on table for minutes and screen went black, so I know can get Home screen by pressing home button or pressing power button once. But is there any other way?

What I wanted to do is get Home screen from "sleeping" phone via the touch screen, perhaps by drawing a pattern on the touch screen and not by depressing any button. Is there a way? Using Android ver 8 it says. Thanks.

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Check in settings for something like double tap to wake or other functionality. In my phone the options show up under Settings | System | Gestures but I think samsung shuffles menu options around so you may have to hunt.
    upload_2019-6-19_11-23-19.png

Dannydet and PitCarver like this.
  3. leegold

leegold Lurker

Thanks for the info above, I don't have Gestures menu but those options seem spread around in other menus, but couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for. ;)

OK, the link below is close to what I was asking about - it'll do it. I could not find the "Dexterity and Interaction" menu but then I searched on my phone for it and it's on my phone, must be buried in the settings somewhere and way suggested on the link works OK, would prefer double-tap though

https://androidwidgetcenter.com/and...disable-wave-to-wake-up-on-galaxy-s7-s7-edge/

very cool :^)

#3 leegold, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    mydian likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews