1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Get into a locked Nokia 1.4 (Android 10)

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by mfoxy, Feb 8, 2022.

1. mfoxy

mfoxy Lurker

I'm having a nightmare with this Nokia 1.4 that I bought in October and did nothing with other than set up a passcode, which I've stupidly forgotten. There's nothing valuable on the phone, I would happily hard reset it if I could. I currently have a brand new phone that is completely useless!

When I try to boot it into recovery mode, it just performs a normal startup. Customer service have said I need to send the phone in to get it repaired, but in their T&Cs they also say it should be sent in unlocked, so that seems pointless as well.

Would really appreciate some help from anyone smarter than me!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure you are in recovery mode? One of the options should be a factory reset. What options do you see?

3. mfoxy

mfoxy Lurker

It's not letting me access recovery mode at all. So I can't even see the screen that allows me to cycle through those options

4. mfoxy

mfoxy Lurker

The method is holding Power and Volume Up simultaneously when booting, then holding 'Volume Up' to access recovery mode. But this isn't working.

5. svim

svim Extreme Android User

6. mfoxy

mfoxy Lurker

I'm trying all the methods on this page repeatedly, no joy yet. I'll be shopping accordingly from now on, just needed a temporary smartphone. Thanks for the resource link hopefully something works but I'm starting to think there's not even a recovery mode built in...
    Could I use Android flash tool?

7. svim

svim Extreme Android User

In Nokia's help pages this one has a bit of an added twist that might be relevant -- cold start simultaneously holding down the Volume Up and the Power buttons for 30 seconds or more until the Room menu appears.
    https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_us/...one-and-completely-restore-it-to-the-original
    The other references seem to be hit-or-miss suggestions in the hope of one of those button pressing combinations works out, that don't include the 30 second reference.

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  8. mfoxy

mfoxy Lurker

Done the 30 second thing with both the volume up and volume down buttons, the phone just continues to reboot itself instead of accessing any menu, thanks for looking for me but I don't think this is gonna budge for me. In terms of the time it would be cheaper to just replace it than spend another day on it!

ocnbrze and svim like this.