• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Get Liberty 1.0 here :)

This rom is awesome, everything is smooth and very fast, i just flashed from apex and this rom is awesome, toolbox works great!!! Currently running mysterious beast theme and love it. The only question i have and sorry if its dumb, where is my text to talk and the options to search by speech input i cant get it to work for the life of me, and the keyboard doesnt even have the microphone option on it. please help thanks!!!

Upvote 0
Which issue? The toolbox being in the ROM? I guess I don't have to dl it from the market if its in the ROM already correct?
Correct!
Yes the Toolbox was not in my Rom, mirrors weren't up fast last night or should I say 5AM plus servers were slammed, some people ended up with corrupt files and parts missing.
If you do not have the Toolbox here, I generated this.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reactions: Trooper
Upvote 0
This rom is awesome, everything is smooth and very fast, i just flashed from apex and this rom is awesome, toolbox works great!!! Currently running mysterious beast theme and love it. The only question i have and sorry if its dumb, where is my text to talk and the options to search by speech input i cant get it to work for the life of me, and the keyboard doesnt even have the microphone option on it. please help thanks!!!

Install Google Voice Search from the market and you will be good to go!

Thank you so much Tom! I really appreciate this man!!! Im not even a yellow kinda guy, but the stock look and wallpaper are a winner! Thanks for the icons!!!!!! :D:cool:

Correct!
Yes the Toolbox was not in my Rom, mirrors weren't up fast last night or should I say 5AM plus servers were slammed, some people ended up with corrupt files and parts missing.
If you do not have the Toolbox here, I generated this.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks brother! Yeah I had it included with the ROM. Again, guess I have no need to redownload it from the market correct?

Upvote 0
Awesome!! I actually just got done doing this when i read your reply!! It works perfect now. Last question, where this should have been in the rom should i re download the rom and install over the top again to be safe? Or should i leave it alone and keep on truckin?

If everything is fine, I would just leave it alone. If you have any issue, then re-download and re-flash.

Upvote 0
Ok, I want to install Add on's threw Liberty toolbox, do I have to find a mirror for everything I want. or is my Liberty rom missing pieces/corrupt? attempted to Liberty toolbox/App Management/install add-ons/Contacts[aosp]. it just searches. my question is is the ROM supost to come with the zips. it is looking for? Same for Theme's Had to mirror them.

Upvote 0
Major deal breaker for me.................thought i had a ROM that was the cats meow but i lost my Favorites folder and lots of my contacts went from phone and mail to only mail. No VZW backup Assistant to get my contacts back. I am talking about contacts i have had for years.................... ?????????????
Used Rom Manager to restore my Apex backup and all went well................all my contacts are back.

Does anyone have an answer to this...............the Droid X is a PHONE first and a toy second......................i do however LOVE the toy part............LOL :):)

Upvote 0
Ok, I want to install Add on's threw Liberty toolbox, do I have to find a mirror for everything I want. or is my Liberty rom missing pieces/corrupt? attempted to Liberty toolbox/App Management/install add-ons/Contacts[aosp]. it just searches. my question is is the ROM supost to come with the zips. it is looking for? Same for Theme's Had to mirror them.

The ROM does not include the zip files needed for addons. They are located on the devs' servers. It should download and install when you click on it. If it's not working try uninstalling and reinstalling (or installing from the market if you haven't) the toolbox and retrying. Make sure the download does not get interrupted AT ALL. This will cause it to not work properly.

Reactions: thegummyjar
Upvote 0
Major deal breaker for me.................thought i had a ROM that was the cats meow but i lost my Favorites folder and lots of my contacts went from phone and mail to only mail. No VZW backup Assistant to get my contacts back. I am talking about contacts i have had for years.................... ?????????????
Used Rom Manager to restore my Apex backup and all went well................all my contacts are back.

Does anyone have an answer to this...............the Droid X is a PHONE first and a toy second......................i do however LOVE the toy part............LOL :):)

You could try going into Contacts on your ApeX setup and hitting Menu then Import/Export, then Export to SD card. Then in the Liberty ROM go to Contacts and Import them in.

Upvote 0
The ROM does not include the zip files needed for addons. They are located on the devs' servers. It should download and install when you click on it. If it's not working try uninstalling and reinstalling (or installing from the market if you haven't) the toolbox and retrying. Make sure the download does not get interrupted AT ALL. This will cause it to not work properly.

I uninstalled and reinstalled. no interruptions.

when you click on it? "it referring to?"

Upvote 0
Has anybody else gotten the message "There is an update for this ROM, click the link below to get the update" when they go into the toolbox? I try to click the link but it doesn't do anything.

Not me.
BTW, I just installed WyContacts just to see if it worked and it looks like my Phone app is gone, along with Contacts, and there are no new apps showing up. Not quite sure what's up with that. Downloading the AOSP Contacts addon from the toolbox - hopefully that'll put it all back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones