• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Get location of Image

athegn

Android Expert
May 26, 2010
Sounds simple if location set before Galaxy A7 camera used. Yes but I now have many images in my DCIM folder taken around, but not in exactly, the same place.

On my A7 I can see, very roughly where it was taken and a very rough location i.e. the name of the road; great unless you have a numb er taken on different dates in the same road. What I see when I select Details is Google Maps showing the image BUT not the exact location e.g. longitude and latitude; at least with those co-ordinates I stand a chance.

I these a simple way to extract these co-ordinates from the image on my A7?

I would like to copy these images to my PC and then open them up in the PCs Google Maps; the larger real estate would help me locate each image. When I zoom in on the A7 you lose the sense of where you are because the surrounding landscape goes off screen; when you zoom out again all the other nearby image crowd the view. Note most of these images are taken in countryside settings where roads are not near the image location.

Any help please?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones