1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Get ready for lots of Android tablet blowout sales: iPad2 being unveiled next week

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by viber, Feb 23, 2011.

1. viber

viber Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    USA Army
    I still maintain that few want android tablets, but many want iPads. My theory will be put to the test soon enough.

Android tablets are just too damn expensive. The best selling iPad is the $499 model, but these android tablets are between $600 and $800 with crap app support, and utterly ******ed activation requirements.

So, I imagine after the iPad2 drops the Xoom will quickly go on sale for half the price and the moronic activation policies will quickly vanish...

Why can't Android get a simple wifi tablet for $500 that doesn't suck?

Apple's holding an iPad 2 event on March 2nd... we'll be there live! -- Engadget

Advertisement

2. byteware

byteware Android Expert
    None

Feb 18, 2010
    Application Developer
    Alabama
    Yeah... superior devices priced the same as their inferior iPad counterparts... let's put them on sale.

I don't see this happening. Period.

3. seeAdam

seeAdam Lurker
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    As much as I want a discounted Honeycomb tablet, I really doubt that the new iPad is going to drive down prices much. I mean, the Moto Xoom and a lot of other tablets just got released! It'd be a hard pill to swallow for manufacturers to have to slash prices right from the get-go.

We can hope though